Cypress Semiconductor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Marketing Engineer I Interview

Product Marketing Engineer I
San Jose, CA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in November 2010.

Interview Details – The only negative was the company took over two months to get back to candidates from the conclusion of the final interview while telling candidates they would be contacted within two weeks. The engineers were great, but HR was a little slow in responses. For this position my interview process consisted of an interview on campus, a phone interview, and a day of interviews in San Jose, CA. Overall it was a great experience

Interview Question – Standard Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Lynnwood, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in May 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed for an internship position at Cypress Semiconductor in Lynnwood, WA. The internship involved testing PSoC chips for their CapSense (capacitive touch sensing) technology. I was initially asked about how I believed their CapSense technology worked, and how I would implement my own idea to do so. I was asked how I would measure the capacitance of a human finger and how I would go about measuring it. I was also asked what I thought the capacitance value was on average. I wish I would have studied Analog to Digital converters a little more, as this was also a vital part of the interview.

Interview Questions

Program Manager Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview was OK. Standard questions for the position. On site interview is more like a student's exam. Three interviewees went into three different conference room. Interviewees are enter one at a time.

The interviewees are asking direct questions, cold personality. You can feel fast pace working environment during the interview.

Interview Question – How to deal with project delay?   View Answer

Business Unit Director Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in January 2008.

Interview Details – wolf pack interviews are common - rapid fire questions. busines roles are very technical in nature as well.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Senior Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview Details – I had got the interview call from HR through the online job portals.
The first round was a telephonic round.
The second round was a face to face manager round for screening.
The third round was a face to face wolf pack round-3 people in panel-technical for 1.5 hrs
The forth round was manager round.
The fifth round was director round.
Then i had to wait for 2 weeks to get the offer.

Interview Question – nothing difficult. But the unexpected was that in director round, some technical questions were asked related to GPS.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – while joining the company, they will give very good hike.

Elect Design Engineer Interview

Elect Design Engineer
Thanjāvūr (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in December 2010.

Interview Details – There were one written test, and 3 round of Interviews.
Written mostly consists of Analog and digital questions.
First round of interviewer asked basic questions but he touched almost all the subject I have studied in my B.Tech.
Second interview was more of very technical, related to digital electronics, analog circuit design etc
Third interview was telephonic, it continued for almost one hour, they asked mostly from my resume, mainly from my final year project, as my final year project was on memory design using RTL.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected questions, all the questions were straight forward but required deep knowledge of the subjects.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pilani (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in October 2011.

Interview Details – Easy Interviews , DS questions and that too were too easy

Interview Details – Written round
1) 10 DEC basic very easy
2) 10 AEC network analysis, clampers, switch related problems, rc ckts, adc/dac
3) 5 MC basic very easy
4) 5 C programming pointers, functions, structures, unions, did only 1 question on functions.

Interview rounds

1) 3 on 1
2) 4 on 1
3) 4 on 1
4) 1 on 1

Next round: Will be telephonic

Interview Question – Questions on Projects: should have been thorough it. Give an appreciative explanation, not equation based. To be confident, should be prepared.
Analog questions: VCO construction schematic, Relaxation oscillator schematic, Instrumentational Amplifier vs non-inverting amplifier regarding input impedance.
How to change the speed of a fan depending on the temperature of the room
Temperature sensors, motors, driving a fan.
analog signal+potentiometer.......MC board.....pwm signal to drive a dc motor. What are the blocks inbetween ?
Communication protocols: SPI I2C CAN USB UART USRT. MUST HAVE STUDIED !!!!
infinte loop, char c goes from -128 to +127
network, infinite resistance stair
printf("%d%d%d",i,i++,++i) o/p
Are you placed in other companies ? where ? Will you take that ? Why Cypress now that you are alreaddy placed in that company ?
What is the most difficult situation you have faced in your project ? how did you overcome it ?
Higher studies ? yes or no

Talk about yourself.
C programming, about constructors, static variable initialization within a function.
Bit operations in C should be known.
Conversion from binary to grey in 3 steps.
Structure vs Union
BCD Binary
Filters FIR IIR

Darlington pair
LEDs
interfacing LED and Switch
Why do you write 1 to make it an input pin ?
transistors
is source and drain of mosfets exchangable ?
a question from written paper

Hr round
resume based
puzzle, three boxes apple orange apple+orange labelled wrong how to determine the right one with least number of picks
adc dac architectures
about the projects on your resume
be thorough with resume
  Answer Question

Design Engineering Director Interview

Design Engineering Director
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was rcommended by the CEO ...but it looks like the bunch of folks wanted to ensure that I am not selected....i met with 3 directors in a group....they call it a wolfpack...thir goal was to make me as uncomfortable as possible....i was clear to them of what i dont know or not have worked on...so the next 15-20 minutes of the interview was focused on interview me in the area where I have no clue about....and they seemed satisfied that I looked like a fool...i tried to keep my composure....it appeared that they had no cinstructive purpose for this interview.....next I met with a Architect or something....who probed me on basicc like verilog coding etc...he looked professional about it...then I met with a senior director who felt that i will be inept for the kind of work and position he is trying to fill based on what I have done....

Interview Question – I was probed on on some analog design where i inherit a bad design and I have to find a way to verifify it and pin point the fault and find ways to fix it...i have never done an analog design ...am not at all well versed with analog design flow....and was sure I am not going to be dealing with it in my career...   Answer Question

Operations Analyst II At Bangalore, India Interview

Pilani (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in August 2013.

Interview Details – They had a criteria of shortlisting students. The criteria were CGPA >8, no work experience and one more, which was not disclosed.

Aptitude Test : After the initial shortlisting, an aptitude test was conducted with basic questions relating to common sense. We had to solve 30 questions in 15 minutes. Negative marks for unattempted questions and wrong answers. It contained a section on verbal aptitude also.

1st round of interview: Was conducted by the manager who came on campus. This interview was general in nature with basic HR questions.

2nd round of interview: It was a wolfpack round with 4 to 5 professionals in top level positions interviewing via skype from bangalore. I was also interviewed by the business operations director of the company. The questions ranged from SCM, Lean Production, Method Study, Quality Control etc. This interview went for around an hour.

Referrals: They asked for two referrals. They only release the offer after obtaining satisfactory reports from the references.

People were very friendly with the interviewees. They made us very comfortable with the process. Professionals who talked from Bangalore said that most of the people who join Cypress are with them for long periods of time. Overall, it was a good interview.

Interview Question – I was asked, what excites you about SCM?   View Answer