Cypress Semiconductor Interview Questions & Reviews

75 interviews

3.3

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in May 2012.

Questions are easy. The interviewer is from the department which i applied, he asked some professional questions.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in October 2011.

Interview involved mostly a run-through my resume and surprisingly many technical questions related to EE fundamentals such as VLSI concepts. I talked to 4 different people including directors and VPs. It was about a week ago so I should be getting a response soon, hopefully!

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in January 2009.

The phone interview is pretty easy.
    Cypress interview has two main components which are important:
    1. Interviews on tech skills: They have 3-4 interviews on tech skills. They ask lot of real world problems on their products. They are mostly looking for logical approach rather than the best solution. The wolfpack interview has 3 people who ask questions in a rapidfire manner for 1 hour. This is a test for stress and its okay to ask for thinking time and to formulate answers carefully. This demonstrates good grasp of technology as well as ability to work under pressure.
    2. Interview with questions on estimation:
    Questions such as how many gas stations are there in SF or how many McDonalds exist in US. The key here is to explain the thinking process and to ask clarifying questions to the interviewer and working with them to get to a well-thought out solution

Interview Questions
    They do not negotiate much.
    While considering an offer, take more time to decide on it and ask for more time to decide on it. This makes negotiation easier

Yield Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in May 2011.

Interview consisted of 3 rounds, 1 hour each

1st round was 1:1 with the hiring group manager with behavioral questions with some technical questions.
    I believe the technical questions were easy enough for a person with the right background (I had quite different background). Typical question were on DOE, SPC, semiconductors.

2nd round was 1:1 with another manager of Fault detection group. He asked more detailed technical questions on semiconductor manufacturing process and process control techniques.

3rd round was with a panel of 3:1, all technical people. Asked about my research and some other questions similar to previous rounds to test fundamentals of quality control etc.

Overall impression: Positive, Nice friendly people. Open work culture and interviewers seemed satisfied with their positions.

Product Marketing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in November 2010.

The only negative was the company took over two months to get back to candidates from the conclusion of the final interview while telling candidates they would be contacted within two weeks. The engineers were great, but HR was a little slow in responses. For this position my interview process consisted of an interview on campus, a phone interview, and a day of interviews in San Jose, CA. Overall it was a great experience

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lynnwood, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in May 2010.

I interviewed for an internship position at Cypress Semiconductor in Lynnwood, WA. The internship involved testing PSoC chips for their CapSense (capacitive touch sensing) technology. I was initially asked about how I believed their CapSense technology worked, and how I would implement my own idea to do so. I was asked how I would measure the capacitance of a human finger and how I would go about measuring it. I was also asked what I thought the capacitance value was on average. I wish I would have studied Analog to Digital converters a little more, as this was also a vital part of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How does analog to digital conversion work and what are some of the different types?   Answer Question
    • Draw and describe a low pass filter.   View Answer
    • How would you create your own CapSense technology?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in January 2010.

Phone interview was OK. Standard questions for the position. On site interview is more like a student's exam. Three interviewees went into three different conference room. Interviewees are enter one at a time.

The interviewees are asking direct questions, cold personality. You can feel fast pace working environment during the interview.

Business Unit Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in January 2008.

wolf pack interviews are common - rapid fire questions. busines roles are very technical in nature as well.

Junior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hsinchu (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

The interview was conducted in English and Chinese by Philippine, Indonesian, and Taiwanese superiors. Basically, most questions were about your personality and the reason why you wanted to join this company and this position. Furthermore, since the job title is test engineer, they asked about your experience of programming.

If you are with a good knowledge of C++ and positive personality, you would be their ideal choice.
    BTW, the whole process was very smooth and friendly.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in March 2011.

Very detailed and the best interviewing experience. Though the company can definitely think of reducing the number of rounds and shortening the process.

A candidate is assessed complete on knowledge, skills, personality, fitment to the organization, etc. This complete 360 degree assessment is perhaps among the best assessments done by any company and is a classic example of how to hire the right set of people and hence avoid attrition or regretful decisions!

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions.. one of which became my favourite, when I started sitting at the opposite side of the table!   Answer Question