Cypress Semiconductor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Elect Design Engineer Interview

Elect Design Engineer
Thanjāvūr (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in December 2010.

Interview Details – There were one written test, and 3 round of Interviews.
Written mostly consists of Analog and digital questions.
First round of interviewer asked basic questions but he touched almost all the subject I have studied in my B.Tech.
Second interview was more of very technical, related to digital electronics, analog circuit design etc
Third interview was telephonic, it continued for almost one hour, they asked mostly from my resume, mainly from my final year project, as my final year project was on memory design using RTL.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected questions, all the questions were straight forward but required deep knowledge of the subjects.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Pilani (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in October 2011.

Interview Details – Easy Interviews , DS questions and that too were too easy

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered level of fresher

Interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor

Interview Details – Written round
1) 10 DEC basic very easy
2) 10 AEC network analysis, clampers, switch related problems, rc ckts, adc/dac
3) 5 MC basic very easy
4) 5 C programming pointers, functions, structures, unions, did only 1 question on functions.

Interview rounds

1) 3 on 1
2) 4 on 1
3) 4 on 1
4) 1 on 1

Next round: Will be telephonic

Interview Question – Questions on Projects: should have been thorough it. Give an appreciative explanation, not equation based. To be confident, should be prepared.
Analog questions: VCO construction schematic, Relaxation oscillator schematic, Instrumentational Amplifier vs non-inverting amplifier regarding input impedance.
How to change the speed of a fan depending on the temperature of the room
Temperature sensors, motors, driving a fan.
analog signal+potentiometer.......MC board.....pwm signal to drive a dc motor. What are the blocks inbetween ?
Communication protocols: SPI I2C CAN USB UART USRT. MUST HAVE STUDIED !!!!
infinte loop, char c goes from -128 to +127
network, infinite resistance stair
printf("%d%d%d",i,i++,++i) o/p
Are you placed in other companies ? where ? Will you take that ? Why Cypress now that you are alreaddy placed in that company ?
What is the most difficult situation you have faced in your project ? how did you overcome it ?
Higher studies ? yes or no

Talk about yourself.
C programming, about constructors, static variable initialization within a function.
Bit operations in C should be known.
Conversion from binary to grey in 3 steps.
Structure vs Union
BCD Binary
Filters FIR IIR

Darlington pair
LEDs
interfacing LED and Switch
Why do you write 1 to make it an input pin ?
transistors
is source and drain of mosfets exchangable ?
a question from written paper

Hr round
resume based
puzzle, three boxes apple orange apple+orange labelled wrong how to determine the right one with least number of picks
adc dac architectures
about the projects on your resume
be thorough with resume
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Design Engineering Director Interview

Design Engineering Director
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was rcommended by the CEO ...but it looks like the bunch of folks wanted to ensure that I am not selected....i met with 3 directors in a group....they call it a wolfpack...thir goal was to make me as uncomfortable as possible....i was clear to them of what i dont know or not have worked on...so the next 15-20 minutes of the interview was focused on interview me in the area where I have no clue about....and they seemed satisfied that I looked like a fool...i tried to keep my composure....it appeared that they had no cinstructive purpose for this interview.....next I met with a Architect or something....who probed me on basicc like verilog coding etc...he looked professional about it...then I met with a senior director who felt that i will be inept for the kind of work and position he is trying to fill based on what I have done....

Interview Question – I was probed on on some analog design where i inherit a bad design and I have to find a way to verifify it and pin point the fault and find ways to fix it...i have never done an analog design ...am not at all well versed with analog design flow....and was sure I am not going to be dealing with it in my career...   Answer Question

Operations Analyst II At Bangalore, India Interview

Operations Analyst II At Bangalore, India
Pilani (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in August 2013.

Interview Details – They had a criteria of shortlisting students. The criteria were CGPA >8, no work experience and one more, which was not disclosed.

Aptitude Test : After the initial shortlisting, an aptitude test was conducted with basic questions relating to common sense. We had to solve 30 questions in 15 minutes. Negative marks for unattempted questions and wrong answers. It contained a section on verbal aptitude also.

1st round of interview: Was conducted by the manager who came on campus. This interview was general in nature with basic HR questions.

2nd round of interview: It was a wolfpack round with 4 to 5 professionals in top level positions interviewing via skype from bangalore. I was also interviewed by the business operations director of the company. The questions ranged from SCM, Lean Production, Method Study, Quality Control etc. This interview went for around an hour.

Referrals: They asked for two referrals. They only release the offer after obtaining satisfactory reports from the references.

People were very friendly with the interviewees. They made us very comfortable with the process. Professionals who talked from Bangalore said that most of the people who join Cypress are with them for long periods of time. Overall, it was a good interview.

Interview Question – I was asked, what excites you about SCM?   View Answer

Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Written test, 2 rounds of interview - 1 hour each, HR interview, telephonic interview

Interview Question – all questions were average   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Pilani (India)

Interview Details – CGPA-8 and no gap between engineering and Masters. afterwards a aptitude to shortlist for interview.

Interview Questions

• Make sure u are well versed with your post, i mean u know ur role beforehand and prepare for it...aptitude is easy but interview is not. i was asked how much interested in business i m and to define various business related terms like forecasting and a clear knowledge of supply chain management.   View Answer
  • why do you want to change ur field from engineering to business...make sure u prepare for this question well !   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview Details – It was a referral. Had written round. Should be technically strong. Shortlisted candidates will have a)Wolf pack round - 3 persons will interview you at the same time. You should have strong technical knowledge.Basic isn't enough. b) 1:1 interview c) Managerial interview.

Interview Question – Should have in depth knowledge   Answer Question

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Electrical Design Engineer

Interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor

Interview Details – Tough interview process. Asked from digital analog and device also.. mostly circuits. Stress round was tough. They try to observe how candidate perform under pressure. Revise digital circuit basics and analog circuits also from device. also revise basic ec..

Interview Question – How mobility varies with temperature..   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in January 2013.

Interview Details – In person interview - Bangalore, India
First interview: technical director(product engineering)
After having worked in the US in a semiconductor firm ..I was seriously looking to find a job for myself in my home country..but this first in person interview was enough to make me repent quitting my job in the US and returning to this ridiculous work environment

Initial questions were about my previous experience..my sincere attempt to make my explanation interesting..failed miserably..the Director was more interested in some of these weird questions based on my marital status and parent's occupation
so you are still not married?
I didnt know how to respond to this one..the technical Director then moved on to the next one
when asked about my parents..I mentioned about my mom's recent job transfer..this led to an unnecessary comment
all three of you will be in different places?

after giving a look at my resume..
so why did you stick to the same company for 5 years?
why no promotion?

I was already done for the day..then came some basic VLSI questions which I attempted..I knew it was going to be difficult to impress this person( dont want to take names)..but the interviewer claimed I need some time to prepare and asked me how long I required..I said I could review in 20 mins but the interviewer's response was...no no you need atleast two weeks...
I am glad I got out of the place after two more interviews...

Now I am very reluctant to go to Bangalore for an interview..with any firm!

Interview Question – All the personal questions a technical director asked   Answer Question