Cypress Semiconductor

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Got shortlisted thorugh job fair.
then One on campus interview, one phone screening and then onsite.

Interview Question – nothing difficult. asked system level stuff like bypass capacitor, Sram bus interface,uart.
So if you are design person, you may be unware of board level stuff. so just be careful.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. low salary than competitors.

Systems Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in December 2010.

Interview Details – Phone screen to gauge worthiness of on site interview.
On site interview typically consists of five 1-on-1 interviews and one 3 vs 1 meeting called the Wolf Pack.
Candidates are screened for technically ability and philosophical fit with the company. You'll be asked questions revolving around Cypress' core values with situational questions, and technical questions testing your ability to do the job. You'll interview with potential coworkers and managers from teams you will interact with on the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – First offer is always low-ball (and sometimes insulting). I'm sure Cypress turns off a lot of good candidates due to the initial low-ball offer.

Systems Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by telephone, and spoke with a manager and then with an engineer.
I came in for an in-person interview and was provided a schedule. I was then ushered into a small, windowless room. Several interviewers spoke with me by speakerphone.
I was asked several times to describe a time that I argued my position successfully, and how I handled conflicts. The "wolf pack" asked me to perform complicated trigonometry calculations on a whiteboard, and later asked me to write some C++ code on a whiteboard. I sensed that oral debate is an important part of the culture there, even at the engineering level.
At the end of the day, I asked if I could see the engineering lab, as I had not been shown anything other than the small, windowless room.
The people (other than the manager) seemed very professional, although the prevalence of company-logo shirts was a bit off-putting. Overall, it seemed like a rather impersonal work environment.

Interview Question – Define the standard deviation.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cypress Semiconductor

Worked for Cypress Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cypress Semiconductor Systems Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cypress Semiconductor employees and interview candidates.