Cyracom International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cyracom International

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cyracom International in August 2014.

I applied for the Spanish Interpreter position for Cyracom two weeks ago. They ph call me for the first time and informed me that I was going to take a “Skills Test” first and based on my results I was going to be contacted by the human resources personal. I assume everything went well with the skills test, because I got an e-mail to contact them as soon as I could.
    I called the agent and left a voice mail, didn’t hear from her until late in the night (after I sent her an e-mail).
    Firs thing she did was asking me if I had time to talk and needed to be in a place without interruptions, I told her if I could have a second to make myself comfortable and have no distractions; she must not have heard me, because she was very impatient and rude asking me if I was ready or not.
    I assumed I got the job, because she was asking me about my schedule. I said “assume”, because she never let me know that I got the job. I explained her that it wasn’t the first time that I have applied for Cyracom, but couldn’t take the job before, because of the schedule they had didn’t work for me. Then she started to explain the different schedule options and asked her if she could e-mail me the schedule, so I could understand the shifts better. They did that last year. The answer was that they have like 50 different shifts and she didn’t have time to do it by phone(all this with a mocking tone of voice as if I was an idiot), when we couldn’t find a shift that could work with me, she called me hey DUDE I think this year is not your lucky year either, when I asked her if I could have a day to think about this her answer was NO and blackmailing me by saying that they have so many candidates that I was just another number for her.
    When explaining me the company and the benefits, she asked if I was interested on the medical benefits and I said no, well her answer was: “AWESOME,” I don’t have to explain you anything then. When explaining me the training she said I was not going to be able to ask for any time off because they were not going to tolerate me asking for an hour to do stuff like going with my friends; even though I told her the three week training was fine with me.
    All the time she talked to me like she was doing me a favor by hiring me and treating me like I was an idiot. I have never felt so disrespected in my life. I am asking for a job, not for charity.
    I hope nobody ever has to go through this experience and save yourself some precious time and look for a company where professionalism is part of their biggest interest.

I want to work for a company that value my skills and not making me feel that they are doing me a favor.

Phone Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cyracom International in March 2014.

Applied online, and got an phone interview the next day. She asked some simple questions, then scheduled a second phone interview and sent me an email of the second phone interview assessment. The second phone was important, because they were actually evaluating your interpreting skill. Make sure review the email hr send you before second interview. They almost ask the same questions as the email on the 2nd interview. They gave me the offer couple hours after the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you speak English and your language well, you should be no problem. The only difficulty was they only give you 2 times to listen to whatever should be translated. So make sure you have pen and paper ready to write down any date or number.   View Answer
    Not negotiatable. They have 2 times performance review yearly. Salary may be raised based on your performance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cyracom International in October 2012.

Interview process was average, not to difficult nor easy. Series of test consisting of your knowledge in the chosen language. They call you to setup a 2 part interview process, part 1 is over the phone and the 2nd phase you come in and get a tour of the facility. At that point they offer you a position and give you a schedule and pay rate info.

Interview Questions
    • You're asked to translate or interpret common words and phrases your would rarely use in common conversations.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for salary, every person starts at the same pay rate regardless of education or experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cyracom International in March 2013.

These are the most disorganized group of people I have ever encountered. They promised phone call after phone call, email after email, with nothing ever delivered. They claim they're in high need for interpreters yet don't follow up? I have called and emailed several people who've claimed to be part of this process, and absolutely nobody responds, or they respond painfully late. Very disappointing.

Interpreter Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cyracom International.

Recruiters will try to sell the job to you as much as they can. Don't trust everything they say.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, if you pass the assesment which is as easy as ABC.   Answer Question
    Nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cyracom International in February 2012.

Telephonic
    As long as you speak english and another language fluently this should be a pretty easy process.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to talk about yourself for 1 min on the phone. you basically babble on about yourself. awkward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Cruces, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cyracom International in June 2009.

you go in there and they ask you if you speak spanish and they ask you really simple stuff like the days and months in english and spanish. If you quaify they set you up for a phone assesment that consists of the same but alittle more cmplicated even though it is hard to fail if you do speak decent spanish.

they start you off at 8/hour

Interpreter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cyracom International.

they will call you and interview you, then you go through a phone orientation and then a language assessment

Interview Questions
    basically you don't need to negotiate. They either take you or leave you

Interpreter Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cyracom International in April 2010.

very disorganized, taking a long time for them to answer questions

Interview Questions
    • If I like it here in the US   View Answer
    • will I be willing to perform for a minimal wage or sometimes volunteer   View Answer

Interpreter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cyracom International in March 2009.

Apply, interviewer called, testing, offer

Straight forward

Worked for Cyracom International? Contribute to the Community!