Cystic Fibrosis Foundation

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Director - Development Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Interview Details – Not at all formal but hiring can take an incredibly long time. The Executive Director likes to hire individuals that she has received strong recommendations from so networking is key. The company puts a big priority on the referral process so getting to know someone else on the staff is a great way to get a foot in the door with this employer.

Interview Question – What do you expect in terms of a work/life balance?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in May 2011.

Interview Details – I found the internship on Craigslist. Only one in person interview.

Interview Question – Why I would be good at the job? how flexible my schedule is? Nights and Weekends   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Interview Details – Initial interview via phone with HR Recruiter. In person interview with hiring manager and VP.

Interview Question – How do you balance employee motivation and the need for termination?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were easy and the company was very generous.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Team Lead Interview

Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly standard. After phone interview met F2F with the hiring manager, also had a panel interview with the team I would have worked with. Most of the panel had cookie cutter behavioral questions and had never conducted an interview before. They offered the job to someone else but continued to lead me on for 2 weeks with the recruiter calling weekly to ensure I was still interested. Seemed they were unsure if the other candidate would work out / accept. Not impressed by the recruiter and hiring managers professionalism.

Interview Question – How do you handle conflict   Answer Question

Case Management Interview

Bethesda, MD

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in November 2011.

Interview Details – Wonderful interviewing experience! I was contacted via email to go through a phone interview within a few days following. I was then contacted a day or two late (via email) to set up a face-to-face interview. When I arrived on site, I was pleased to see that the staff is immediately warm and welcoming, and offered me the utmost courtesy. I interviewed with the department manager and we discussed the position in detail. I spent roughly 1.5 hours there total, and was told a decision would be made within 2 weeks. I received an email the next day to complete a background check and the next day I received an offer via telephone! I was sent new hire paperwork after submitting my signed offer letter, which contained a wealth of information regarding the orientation, the training schedule, benefits, and various tax forms to complete. I am extremely impressed by this organization since they sent all the information ahead of time and gave great detail in the company's mission to train and invest in their employees.

Interview Questions

Manager of Training & Development Interview

Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cystic Fibrosis Foundation in September 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received an e-mail from thier HR representative the next day to schedule a phone interview. The HR representative e-mailed me the night before requesting a reschedule. I accommadated the request. It was scheduled for the following week. The phone interview experience was fine. At the end of the phone interview the HR representative scheduled a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager for the position for the following week. The next day I received an e-mail (while I was traveling) requesting a phone interview with the hiring manager for the next day. I again accommadated the request. The next week I did in fact have the 1:1. The directions to the building were less than clear. Upon arrival the receptionist was preoccupied with the phones and some delivery people so it was a little crazed at the receptionist desk. Otherwise the interview was typical. A nonselection e-mail was sent nearly a month later and it appeared they didn't select anyone.

Interview Question – How do you approach identifying/developing a training program from scratch?   Answer Question

Development Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Interview Details – Step #1 Phone interview with HR at National
Step #2 In-office interview with Executive Director
Step #3 Group interview with team

Interview Question – Are you a dog or a cat person?   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Interview Details – The hiring process was seamless and professional.

Interview Question – Interview questions were typical and professional   Answer Question

National Position Interview

Interviewed at Cystic Fibrosis Foundation

Interview Details – Seemed to be disorganized. Interview only focused on experience from 4 years ago. After several interviews which had narrowed down candidates, I had to follow up to find out that I hadn't gotten the position. I was surprised that I after I had put in significant time and energy, many times shifting my schedule last minute interviews, they did not extend the courtesy to let me know I had not gotten the position.

Interview Question – Focused on experience from 4 years ago when my current experience is more relevant.   Answer Question

Development Manager Interview

Interview Details – Was contacted for phone interview. The interview was conducted by HR from the head office. A follow up in person was scheduled with the acting director at the local office. The interview was okay but I did not have a great feeling. It has been 3 weeks and I have had no follow up from them not thak you no communication at all. This is very unprofessional! Even if you are not going to hire someone you need to thank them, they took time out to apply, and do two interviews and you don'thave the decency to send an email?

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cystic Fibrosis Foundation interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cystic Fibrosis Foundation employees and interview candidates.