Cytec Engineered Materials Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.5

Mechanical Engineer Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cytec Engineered Materials (Lubbock, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I met employers of Cytec at an engineering job fair. I was able to talk with them about the company producing composite materials, and from just being friendly they asked for my resume and for me to come interview with them the next day.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havre de Grace, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cytec Engineered Materials (Havre de Grace, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

Hired as a contractor through a 3rd party. It was stated that the position was temp-to-perm. However the management changed multiple times so there was no one driving the addition of the position.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The pay was stated prior to my agreeing to the interview.

Polymer Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cytec Engineered Materials (Anaheim, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I sent my resume through my school's job searching web page. After a week I sent them an email inquiring if they got my resume and I got an email right away saying that they wanted a phone interview on following week. The interviewer was very friendly and mostly asked behavioral questions rather than technical ones. However, they were looking for someone to start in next couple of months which I was not ready for. So I wasn't called up to the on site interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cytec Engineered Materials in May 2010.

Interview

Met with four employees. First was HR manager, who asked general questions ie where do you see yourself in five years. Second two were engineers who asked specifics about my work experience. I brought along a portfolio that was very useful during this stage of the interview. Last interview was with a worker who I spoke to about company hierarchy and the work environment. I did not receive a decline until a few weeks after the interview, which was frustrating.