D. E. Shaw India

Relevance Date Difficulty

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Talent Acquisition Manager
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at D. E. Shaw India in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on the company website. Within a week, I received a call inquiring about my educational & professional background. Post the interview I was informed I will be contacted within a few days. Within a week I was scheduled for a telephonic interview with the talent acquisition consultant. The interview was very structured and concentrating on my leadership qualities through specific behavioural questions. Within another week I was scheduled for a web based interview(VC), where the questions were concentrating on my knowledge & relevant experience. Each interview was for 1-1.30 hrs. Very gruelling, structured & probing interview process.

Interview Question – 1. You were driving a truck, your combined weight(yourself & the truck) is 1 ton & you have a bridge to cross which can sustain max 1 ton weight. When you reach the middle of the bridge, a bird weighing 500 gms sits on the bonnet of the truck. However you cross the bridge safely without it crashing. When the max weight the bridge could take is 1 ton, then why didnt the bridge crash?   View Answer

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at D. E. Shaw India.

Interview Details – it was a campus interview. A written test followed by a face to face interview. Interview with 3 panels and we spent all the time from 6 to 12. It was nice experience.

Interview Question – all questions were on basics and algorithms. Your depth and breadth will be tested well. You should be proficient in at least one programming language.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much

Talent Acquisition Interview

Talent Acquisition

Interview Details – I applied through a college placement and took a day for the process. comprised of an assessment containing verbal and quant questions followed by GD and then one-on-one behavioral interview.

Interview Question – Unexpected question: If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at D. E. Shaw India in October 2013.

Interview Details – Sat for campus recruitments.

Four rounds - Aptitude Test, GD and Interview rounds. Didn't reach the interview round.

Aptitude test was surprisingly difficult, with only 1/5th of the candidates being accepted into the next round.

GD topic was simple enough, but high elimination rate. Only 1/10th of the people made it through.

Can't say anything about the interview rounds.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at D. E. Shaw India in August 2013.

Interview Details – Process flow :
Pre-Plamecement Talk > Written Test > Interviews (2 Technical + 1 HR)

1. Written Test had 3 sections (Time : 20 min each)
a)Aptitute (20 Questions) - Very tough questions, to be answered on OMR sheet
b)C, C++, Java (20 Questions) - Average questions, to be answered on OMR sheet
c)Algorithm (1 Questions) - Average question, Code in any language to be written on paper.

2. Technical Interview 1
 Results of written were announced very soon, and interview started immediatly after that. This interview of mine went so long (for 80-90 min). Covered many topics from C, C++, DBMS & DS. Interviewers were very friendly and I was able to give direction to my interview.

3. HR Interview
 Next day first I had HR round, talked about my projects, answered other general questions like Why DEShaw? It went for more than 30 min, because I started about Aliens & UFO (in which I was interested).

4. Technical Interview 2
 Final interview was not so long, but it was kind of very bad for me (and for others also). In this interview they try to cover all the areas like Networking, Operating System, etc.

5 from our college were in finals, and then I was the only one to be picked up by them finally.

Interview Question – They love to take people who have good knowledge of as many areas as possible, so one should be able to answer basic questions of DBMS, C, OOPs, DS & Algo, OS, Networking etc,   Answer Question

Vellore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at D. E. Shaw India in July 2013.

Interview Details – A written round was conducted. It had two sections, namely Aptitude and Technical.
20 ques were to be answered in each section with 20 mins alloted for each..
16 students were shortlisted. Then 2 technical interview rounds were conducted and the questions were basically on DSA and puzzles.

Financial Associate Interview

Financial Associate
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and interviewed at D. E. Shaw India.

Interview Details – it was a telephonic interview and wasn't to hard the technical round was easy . patiently waiting for their call

Interview Question – the process of interview is quick, waiting for results is tiresome.   Answer Question

Interviewed at D. E. Shaw India

Interview Details – Got through Campus

Interview Question – DataStructure related questions   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at D. E. Shaw India in February 2009.

Interview Details – It was a telephonic interview

Interview Question – How would you fit in to this role   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Warangal (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at D. E. Shaw India in July 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring consisted of A written (Aptitude + technical)
Aptitude consisted of 20 questions in 20 minutes, but quite tough. Could hardly do 5 of them. But then was the technical, it also was 20 minutes duration, consisted of basic coding and technical questions, And one code writing question : Given - numbers being generated and given to you. Write a function to maintain and return the median of the array along with the new element being inserted.
I did it in O(n) and then in O (log n). Was selected for interview technical. Interview lasted for about 1 hour. Questions from my resume were asked. And basic DATABASE, DATA MINING , DATA STRUCTURE were asked. I was not selected.

Interview Question – Given a stock data for some day, give a strategy to analyse the time series data for raising and falling of stocks, and how will you identify the peaks.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at D. E. Shaw India

Worked for D. E. Shaw India? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at D. E. Shaw India interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by D. E. Shaw India employees and interview candidates.