D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

4.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm in October 2011.

Acquired the interview through campus recruiting. Submitted my resume online and was selected for an on -campus first round interview. This was a one-on-one interview with a junior level associate. First half of the interview was strictly behavioral followed by technical finance questions and a few brainteasers.

Other Interview Reviews for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm.

The interview process involved 8 interviews, each of which were thirty to forty minutes in length. These were conducted over a two day period. In addition, I was once interviewed over the phone and one of my references was called. I found my interviewers to be courteous, fair, smart and generally enjoyable to speak with.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a few "brain-teaser"type of questions. These were the most difficult.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm in June 2012.

Transparent and based only on credit

Interview Questions
    • Rather than technical. the hr questions were different and totally unexpected starting from types of crops and soils in your hometown   Answer Question