Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm
- Software Developer (18)
- Quantitative Analyst (16)
- Trader (5)
- Finance and Operations Associate (4)
- Trading (3)
- Associate (3)
- Finance and Operations (2)
- Executive Assistant (2)
- Quant (2)
- Member Information Technology (2)
- Member Technical (2)
- Rotational Associate Program (2)
- Systems Administrator (2)
- Quant Anal (1)
- Junior Proprietary Trading Intern (1)
- Software Engineering and Quantitative Research (1)
- Quantitative Analyst/Software Developer Intern (1)
- Investor Relations Business Affairs Associate (1)
- Specialist Management Accounting (1)
- Trading Intern (1)
- FinOp Intern (1)
- Summer Operations Position (1)
- Family Office (1)
- Finance and Operations Intern (1)
- Quantitative Research (1)
- Senior MEMBER TECHNICAL (1)
- Business Systems Analyst III (1)
- Financial Analyst/Trader (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Research (1)
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day – interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (New York, NY) in October 2011.
Acquired the interview through campus recruiting. Submitted my resume online and was selected for an on -campus first round interview. This was a one-on-one interview with a junior level associate. First half of the interview was strictly behavioral followed by technical finance questions and a few brainteasers.
Other Interview Reviews for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm
Associate InterviewAccepted OfferPositive Experience
I applied online. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm.
The interview process involved 8 interviews, each of which were thirty to forty minutes in length. These were conducted over a two day period. In addition, I was once interviewed over the phone and one of my references was called. I found my interviewers to be courteous, fair, smart and generally enjoyable to speak with.
- I was asked a few "brain-teaser"type of questions. These were the most difficult. Answer Question
I didn't negotiate.
Associate InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (Hyderābād (India)) in June 2012.
Transparent and based only on credit
- Rather than technical. the hr questions were different and totally unexpected starting from types of crops and soils in your hometown Answer Question