D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Associate Interview Questions

4.0

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Acquired the interview through campus recruiting. Submitted my resume online and was selected for an on -campus first round interview. This was a one-on-one interview with a junior level associate. First half of the interview was strictly behavioral followed by technical finance questions and a few brainteasers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm.

Interview

The interview process involved 8 interviews, each of which were thirty to forty minutes in length. These were conducted over a two day period. In addition, I was once interviewed over the phone and one of my references was called. I found my interviewers to be courteous, fair, smart and generally enjoyable to speak with.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a few "brain-teaser"type of questions. These were the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (Hyderābād (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

Transparent and based only on credit

Interview Questions

• Rather than technical. the hr questions were different and totally unexpected starting from types of crops and soils in your hometown   Answer Question