D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Finance and Operations Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

3.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Finance and Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  State College, PA
Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm in November 2012.

Got the interview through campus recruiting. Mainly focused on my resume but two parts that stood out included correcting a profit and loss spreadsheet that had a few visual and technical mistakes as well as the interviewer asked me to "teach him something he probably did not know about."

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

Finance and Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm in January 2013.

I applied online after which inviting me for the telephonic round. I had two telephonic interviews with senior managers following which I was invited for one full day of interviews at the Hyderabad office. This was the most intensive stage, was interviewed by 5 different people, from the Associate director to the HR manager.
    Following this I had one more telephonic interview with a Sr Analyst from D.E. Shaw's New York Office.
    One week later, I received a request for academic and professional references and two weeks after that they informed me that they would be unable to make me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If the rate of $/Rs. was 50 in december and in march it is 45, has the dollar appreciated or depreciated and what does this mean for Indian exporters?   View Answer

Worked for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm? Contribute to the Community!