D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

www.deshaw.com
  www.deshaw.com

D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Finance and Operations Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Finance and Operations Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm.

Applied through school career website, the process took about a week. I got the first round interview in school. The guy was very nice, he didn't mention anything about the interview in the first 5 mins.

Interview Questions
  • what is 57*89?
    Pitch me a stock.
    If a company's P/E Ratio is 10 compare with the industry avg of 12, what do you think the reason is?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

Finance and Operations Associate Interview

On-campus Hiring. I have an on-campus interview. The interviewer is a really nice guy. He just went through my resume, and ask some behavior questions. Nothing is special. Just prepare your stories and prepare for behavior questions. I believe the most important thing is whether your major matches the position you applied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm in November 2012.

Got the interview through campus recruiting. Mainly focused on my resume but two parts that stood out included correcting a profit and loss spreadsheet that had a few visual and technical mistakes as well as the interviewer asked me to "teach him something he probably did not know about."

Finance and Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm in January 2013.

I applied online after which inviting me for the telephonic round. I had two telephonic interviews with senior managers following which I was invited for one full day of interviews at the Hyderabad office. This was the most intensive stage, was interviewed by 5 different people, from the Associate director to the HR manager.
    Following this I had one more telephonic interview with a Sr Analyst from D.E. Shaw's New York Office.
    One week later, I received a request for academic and professional references and two weeks after that they informed me that they would be unable to make me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If the rate of $/Rs. was 50 in december and in march it is 45, has the dollar appreciated or depreciated and what does this mean for Indian exporters?   View Answers (2)