D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Quant Anal Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Quant Anal Interview

I applied online - interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm.

First had a phone interview. Wasn't very pleased with the person i talked to, sounded arrogant, indirectly bragging how smart he is. I had a feeling he was very happy when i had problem answering something and his voice would turn sad when i would answer right. Anyway, they immediately invited me to the on site one. I felt much more comfortable during the in person interview, people seemed great and helpful, very organized. I answered to all the questions i was asked with no to small hints. Felt quite confident. Questions were not too hard, about average. Rejection next day. Blah blah, not a good fit. I know it is d.e. shaw and they are very picky but i am just confused about what went wrong. Maybe it's because i don't look like a nerd . Maybe they are just scanning the job market.

Interview Questions

Worked for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm? Contribute to the Community!