D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

www.deshaw.com
  www.deshaw.com

D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Senior Executive Assistant Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm in October 2012.

I had a half day interview (thus obliging me to take a half day of leave from work, with no flexibility on date or time) which was mainly by videoconference with New York. The interview process was surreal and extremely unprofessional - no one told me who I would be meeting and they only introduced themselves by their first names. At several times during the interviews, the interviewees answered mobile phone calls and wandered out of the meeting room to take the call in private. At the end, no one even told me that the process was finished and I had to let myself out! I got no feedback apart from that they liked me, and months on they are still dealing with multiple agencies, supposedly looking for a candidate.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of when you have used technology to make your job more efficient   Answer Question