Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm
- Software Developer (20)
- Quantitative Analyst (16)
- Trader (5)
- Finance and Operations Associate (4)
- Trading (3)
- Associate (3)
- Systems Administrator (3)
- Member Technical (2)
- Intern (2)
- Finance and Operations (2)
- Executive Assistant (2)
- Quant (2)
- Member Information Technology (2)
- Rotational Associate Program (2)
- Manager Risk Operations (1)
- Quant Anal (1)
- Junior Proprietary Trading Intern (1)
- Software Engineering and Quantitative Research (1)
- Quantitative Analyst/Software Developer Intern (1)
- Investor Relations Business Affairs Associate (1)
- Specialist Management Accounting (1)
- Quantitative Research (1)
- Senior MEMBER TECHNICAL (1)
- Business Systems Analyst III (1)
- Financial Analyst/Trader (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Research (1)
- Rotational Associate (1)
- Performance Test Lead (1)
Systems Administrator Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (Bangalore (India)) in September 2015.
Interview was very easy..I M not in the list of first round successors. Next day they called me for an interview even I scored 9.5/50. Very basic networking,Linux,windows question .u must be clear and thorough about the contents in ur resume.next round is HR interview.. Just about ur experience and salary questions.. Third round was technical round with the same people who took first round interview.
- What is filesystem in Linux.journals ,SSH working without password,types of hard disks,DNS mechanism,OSI layer.... 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm
Systems Administrator InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (Hyderābād (India)) in July 2013.
An initial shortlist was carried out through a written round consisting of 3 papers - Aptitude, Technical, Latest Technological Innovations. Next, the resumes of the shortlisted candidates were considered for next elimination. Finally from around 150 students that appeared for the process, 12 students remained at the end of the resume round. The next stage was the interview. 2 technical rounds followed by an HR round.
- A puzzle was asked. Answer Question
Did not try to negotiate.
Systems Administrator InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm.
-it had 1 written, 2 technical, 1 stress interview and 1HR round. (campus selection process) -written was very tough n very less time was given, negative marks for wrong marking. -somehow i got through the written round -first round for me was so shocking, completely non technical questions were asked in my panel, the other panel was asking only technical questions. - well i didnt clear my first round, my friend had cleared. -for him second round was in the other panel n technical stuff were asked, but was easy. -first round they asked me some shocking and unexpected questions. - stress interview was really stressful, they asked differences between a game n a sport.. - seems easy, but some ppl come out of interview hall n burst out in tears. they got seriously offended.