D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

Interview Details – I applied through their website and got a phone interview with one of their traders. Most of the questions were behavioral, except one brain teaser. He was nice, but I did not do well and got rejected.

Interview Question – Estimate the number of pieces of pizza consumed in the U.S. every day.   Answer Question

Trader

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview about two weeks after the application deadline. This interview lasted about half an hour. The interviewer was nice and gave me a call on time. Most questions focused on my past experience. He also asked a few question about the international market. They wanted candidates with diverse background.

Interview Question – What's the most difficult thing if you are U.S president?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm in January 2010.

Interview Details – Connected with company through campus recruiting. Interviewed on campus. Was very unimpressed with interviewer. Interview questions were very qualitative. Expected more quantitative testing. Did not enjoy process. Did not pursue position further.

Interview Question – Talk about the current state of the real estate market in China.   View Answer

Trader

The process took a day - interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm in February 2011.

Interview Details – Talked about betting in sport games and how to find arbitrage or maximize payoff.

Interview Question – For a 3 sets tennis game, would you bet on it finishing in 2 sets or 3 sets?   View Answers (8)

Worked for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm? Contribute to the Community!