D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm Trader Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Updated Jul 29, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Trader Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm.

First round is a 30 minute phone interview. 5 minutes behavioral, 20 resume overview, 5 minutes technical question. technical question was probability type question. Resume questions are straight forward but you need to know very well why your skill can drive value for them.

Other Interview Reviews for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm

Trader Interview

I applied through their website and got a phone interview with one of their traders. Most of the questions were behavioral, except one brain teaser. He was nice, but I did not do well and got rejected.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the number of pieces of pizza consumed in the U.S. every day.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm.

I got a phone interview about two weeks after the application deadline. This interview lasted about half an hour. The interviewer was nice and gave me a call on time. Most questions focused on my past experience. He also asked a few question about the international market. They wanted candidates with diverse background.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most difficult thing if you are U.S president?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm in January 2010.

Connected with company through campus recruiting. Interviewed on campus. Was very unimpressed with interviewer. Interview questions were very qualitative. Expected more quantitative testing. Did not enjoy process. Did not pursue position further.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about the current state of the real estate market in China.   View Answer

Trader Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm in February 2011.

Talked about betting in sport games and how to find arbitrage or maximize payoff.

Interview Questions
    • For a 3 sets tennis game, would you bet on it finishing in 2 sets or 3 sets?   View Answers (9)

Worked for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm? Contribute to the Community!