Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm
- Software Developer (19)
- Quantitative Analyst (16)
- Trader (5)
- Finance and Operations Associate (4)
- Trading (3)
- Associate (3)
- Intern (2)
- Finance and Operations (2)
- Executive Assistant (2)
- Quant (2)
- Member Information Technology (2)
- Rotational Associate Program (2)
- Member Technical (2)
- Systems Administrator (2)
- Trading Intern (1)
- FinOp Intern (1)
- Summer Operations Position (1)
- Family Office (1)
- Finance and Operations Intern (1)
- Manager Risk Operations (1)
- Quant Anal (1)
- Junior Proprietary Trading Intern (1)
- Software Engineering and Quantitative Research (1)
- Quantitative Analyst/Software Developer Intern (1)
- Investor Relations Business Affairs Associate (1)
- Specialist Management Accounting (1)
- Quantitative Research (1)
- Senior MEMBER TECHNICAL (1)
- Business Systems Analyst III (1)
- Financial Analyst/Trader (1)
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm.
First round is a 30 minute phone interview. 5 minutes behavioral, 20 resume overview, 5 minutes technical question. technical question was probability type question. Resume questions are straight forward but you need to know very well why your skill can drive value for them.
- Why do anomalies still exist in the market? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm
Trader InterviewNo Offer
I applied through their website and got a phone interview with one of their traders. Most of the questions were behavioral, except one brain teaser. He was nice, but I did not do well and got rejected.
- Estimate the number of pieces of pizza consumed in the U.S. every day. Answer Question
Trader InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm.
I got a phone interview about two weeks after the application deadline. This interview lasted about half an hour. The interviewer was nice and gave me a call on time. Most questions focused on my past experience. He also asked a few question about the international market. They wanted candidates with diverse background.
- What's the most difficult thing if you are U.S president? Answer Question
Trader InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm (New York, NY) in January 2010.
Connected with company through campus recruiting. Interviewed on campus. Was very unimpressed with interviewer. Interview questions were very qualitative. Expected more quantitative testing. Did not enjoy process. Did not pursue position further.
- Talk about the current state of the real estate market in China. 1 Answer
Trader InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at D. E. Shaw & Co. - Investment Firm in February 2011.
Talked about betting in sport games and how to find arbitrage or maximize payoff.
- For a 3 sets tennis game, would you bet on it finishing in 2 sets or 3 sets? 10 Answers
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review