D-Link Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.9

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

They will ask you to show an understanding of how networking technology works.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at D-Link (Fountain Valley, CA).

Interview

Good interview questions. HR will check your references.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at D-Link (Fountain Valley, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Easy enough sales interview, simple questions. Felt that they were in a hurry to fill quickly

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, Orange, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at D-Link (Fountain Valley, Orange, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

I applied for the job via a posting on the internet. I was then contacted for a phone interview about my schooling and background and consequently scheduled for a 1:1 interview. I was questioned about my background and given an overview of what the company's plans were. Since, I had an "impressive" resume and possessed "big game", I was hired on the spot and accepted the offer a day later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None available.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at D-Link.

Interview

Applied online. Was given a basic test via email and asked to answer some basic questions. After a positive response, was asked to come to their HQ for another timed test where I was given about 30 minutes to proof read a document. Answered some follow up questions with the department manager which were designed to gauge my personality and if I would fit their corporate culture. I was then asked to come back the following day for a 2nd interview with the marketing manager who oversaw the writing department. During that interview compensation was negotiated and afterwards I was given a formal offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was the skills test, which was to correct a press release within a given time frame.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was very inflexible. D-Link has hard guidelines and will not go for custom compensation packages.

Sa/Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at D-Link in January 2015.

Interview

1. What is the Most difficult thing in former job and how to resolve it? 2. Introduce my resume in English. 3. English reading and translate test 4. character analysts test

Interview Questions

• 1. Most difficult thing in former job? 2. Introduce resume in English. 3. English test 4. character analysts test   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at D-Link (Taipei (Taiwan)) in March 2014.

Interview

I replied to D-Link's job posting on a form for foreigners living in Taiwan. I submitted my resume, cover letter, and a writing sample. Soon after I was contacted by HR, who requested a sample edit, which I completed. Then I was invited to come in for an interview. The HR representative met me in the lobby and sat me down in a private room. About 10 minutes later a 30-something guy walked in and closed the door. At the interview I was asked a lot of technical questions and the meanings of various acronyms used in the networking field. I was given another sample edit to perform, timed and on a computer. That evening I sent the HR person an email thanking them for the interview and looking forward to hearing from them. I did not hear from them again. Three months have passed, and although it's obvious to me by now that I wasn't selected, I'm rather disappointed that D-Link didn't have the courtesy to let me know. I understand that applicants who are not chosen for an interview shouldn't expect a response, but I thought that once you are interviewed you are considered a serious candidate and would be notified of the outcome.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Do many people last 5 years as a technical writer at D-Link? I doubt it.   1 Answer

Account Manager - Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at D-Link (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, contacted two weeks later and had an interview with HR, Sales Director and Inside Sales Director. Very straight forward process, Received a call two days after the interview to sign hiring contract. Training took place after, 1 week and then I was rock and rolling.

Interview Questions

• Do you ave experience with Sales?   1 Answer
    • Qualities to succeed   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Interview

cover many areas of ethernet technologies & protocol

Sales Interview

Interview

Phone interview after interview and then peer interviews.Interviews questions were straightforward and what most expect like questions about past companies and past experiences.