D.R. Horton

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at D.R. Horton.

Interview Details – I was invited into the office to interview for a summer position. The people who interviewed me were very nice and welcoming, and very honest about how much they enjoy their experience in the company. They ask the typical interview questions, none of them were that big of a surprise.

Interview Question – I was not surprised by any of the questions that they asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Being a young college student, I did not negotiate, but I could have if I wanted to.

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 months - interviewed at D.R. Horton in October 2010.

Interview Details – Started as a temp employee and in 4 months got hired full time as their employee. No real interview. They hire their friends. I was lucky. I had a friend.

Interview Question – No real interview. I was offered a job because I knew someone. They only hire their friends.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None it was here it is take it or leave it.

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at D.R. Horton.

Interview Details – meet and greet, some ramdom questions about what was on my resume, it took a long time for the decission and start date, training was non existant

Interview Question – if you had to choose would you be a fox or a rabbit   View Answer

Negotiation Details – here's what you get, take it or leave it. i have a stack of resumes on my desk./ I took it and so far so good

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at D.R. Horton in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly easy-they are most interested in your sales abilities and track record. Nepotism is also good-name dropping will gain you points. It depends on who is interviewing you-ceo will try to show how smart hwe is, others will be more welcome.

Interview Question – How would you ask for the order?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Time off up front is very good to discuss if they have an interest-it's very hard to schedule it later on.

Worked for D.R. Horton? Contribute to the Community!