D&B

Relevance Date Difficulty

Risk Management Specialist Interview

Risk Management Specialist
Houston, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at D&B in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interviews took over 2 months and included an aptitude test, personality test and a mock sales presentation. I didn't get any indication where I ranked until the end of those two months. Overall it wasn't a bad experience for me.

Interview Question – How do you manage your weaknesses in tough situations with team members or clients?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Positive experience during negotiation phase

Corporate Communications Interview

Corporate Communications
Short Hills, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in July 2012.

Interview Details – Horrible recruiting process. Very little personal connection and the video interview was ridiculous. Pro forma, canned questions that did not allow for any variance from the script. HR rep was borderline rude.

Interview Question – None of the canned questions was difficult to answer, but the video interview was ludicrous. It did not allow for any interaction, which is crazy when it was for a Communications position.   Answer Question

Relationship Manager National Accounts Interview

Relationship Manager National Accounts
Allentown, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details – Recruiter reached out to me based on an old resume for a position in a different location, after speaking realized I was a better fit for a different (more lucrative position).

Interview Question – Used STAR method for interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was very young, and didn't try to negotiate as it was significantly more than I was making at the time.

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in September 2011.

Interview Details – Very positive and proactive approach. It was clear that D&B wanted to hire from the beginning

Interview Question – Do you believe you will fit into our culture, highly competitive and performance oriented   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate $10K increase in salary

Relationship Manager National Accounts Interview

Relationship Manager National Accounts

Interviewed at D&B

Interview Details – Overly involved process with 5 separate interviews. Included a presentation to a group of which only 2 of 5 scheduled attended. Weeks passed and I was advised waiting on final offer to be made. Long story short, instead of offer was advised that a direct contact of a senior manager was chosen at their insistence.

Interview Question – Going through numerous interviews with essentially the same individual.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with an internal recruiter, went well and basic sales questions. Recruiter moved me forward and was supportive throughout the process. Called back for interview in the office. Initial impression was good, seeing large open floor with casually dressed employees. Led to a room to meet with one of the Sales Managers. They gave a brief overview of the position, it was a little rushed. Then left me in the room with a phone for a mock call. Phone rings and I am instantly aking questions and trying to demonstrate knowledge of their preferred approach. Call goes through entire process (with a product overview for reference) and most importantly, asking for the sale and closing. Followed by high level feedback on my style, communication skills and approach. Told they would be in touch and received a call back within the week with a job offer.

Interview Question – Director of NCA conducted the mock call, the pressure was on immediately and they played a "pleasant but tough" customer, throwing a few curveballs with objections and pushback on price.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Base is set offer, very little room for negotiations. All opportunity for earnings is based on sales performance. Must hit quota and over achieve for bonus potential.

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Short Hills, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in February 2010.

Interview Details – Interview call and then onsite

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Short Hills, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at D&B in January 2014.

Interview Details – phone interview took 5 minutes, basic questions such as what your best attrubute, where you go to school

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details – One phone interview from a corporate recruiter. Then a 3 person interview.

Interview Question – Pretend that I am a prospect and sell me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flat offer that was above my salary expectation.

Predictive Modeler Interview

Predictive Modeler
Short Hills, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of phone interview, 1 hour presentation, 5 face to face interview

Interviews for Top Jobs at D&B

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at D&B interview questions and advice. All 61 interview reviews posted anonymously by D&B employees and interview candidates.