D&B

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.9

Predictive Analyst Interview

I received the email from HR recruiter and got a phone interview(10 mins) with HR.
    Next, I had a technical interview(20ms) with manager. But they suddenly called me for the interview without any notice. Then they should reschedule it.
    Technical interview was very specific and focused on details of my resume.
    They required me to explain everything such as method, code.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about very specifically projects and experiences.   Answer Question

Telecoverage Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at D&B.

I had 2 in person interviews. The hiring process took 2 weeks. I didn't get my actual offer until about 5 days before my first day of work. The HR was kind of slow.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at D&B in September 2014.

I submitted an application on a job site for the position which had a particular vertical. My resume clearly showed that I didn't possess that vertical experience but I have been successful in sales for 15 years. I met all the criteria required for the position and there was no mention of vertical experience as a requirement. The day after I applied for the position I received an email from recruiting for an interview. We scheduled the call and from the start it was one of the most vague and open-ended calls - more about trying to trip you up than being helpful; where you would be the luckiest person on earth to work there. And at the end the recruiter informed me that she would refer me to the hiring director who would most likely not pursue due to my lack of vertical experience. My question? Why given what my resume said, would I even be considered? Luckily I had received an offer from another company that afternoon. An hour of my life isn't all that bad but it was a waste of time.

Predictive Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at D&B.

There was a brief phone interview that lasted about half an hour which was followed by an onsite interview with a few members of their team and then a one hour presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked more business-related questions than I was expecting when applying for a statistics job.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at D&B in July 2014.

I applied through staffing agency. I had phone screen with guy from India and he claim that he is manager and is on vacation. I spoke with him for 1 hour on the phone and he told me that he is impressed with my skills, and then next day I had onsite interview. Onsite interview was located in North Lamar and Airport. 7 people took my interview one after another. Only one guy asked me tough technical interview questions with lady sitting with him. That guy was kind of rude and asked me lots of tough questions. Rest of the 6 guys asked pretty much asked me on what I have done so far in previous company. I have to repeated the same story 6 times for 6 people one after another in interview room. Interview was pretty good. Once the interview was over, I was being the told that they will get in touch with me. It's been 3+ weeks and they have not gotten back to me yet and I saw online on several job sites that they are still looking for same position and posted as new position. Their technical questions were very tough like pretty much mostly Architect based type instead of Senior Software engineer, but yet their pay was below average. I was being told that right candidate will be working all my himself in one project. Project consisted of Sales-force integration with existing web application.

Relationship Manager National Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at D&B.

Recruiter reached out to me based on an old resume for a position in a different location, after speaking realized I was a better fit for a different (more lucrative position).

Interview Questions
    I was very young, and didn't try to negotiate as it was significantly more than I was making at the time.

Relationship Manager National Accounts Interview

Overly involved process with 5 separate interviews. Included a presentation to a group of which only 2 of 5 scheduled attended. Weeks passed and I was advised waiting on final offer to be made. Long story short, instead of offer was advised that a direct contact of a senior manager was chosen at their insistence.

Interview Questions
    • Going through numerous interviews with essentially the same individual.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at D&B.

Initial phone interview with an internal recruiter, went well and basic sales questions. Recruiter moved me forward and was supportive throughout the process. Called back for interview in the office. Initial impression was good, seeing large open floor with casually dressed employees. Led to a room to meet with one of the Sales Managers. They gave a brief overview of the position, it was a little rushed. Then left me in the room with a phone for a mock call. Phone rings and I am instantly aking questions and trying to demonstrate knowledge of their preferred approach. Call goes through entire process (with a product overview for reference) and most importantly, asking for the sale and closing. Followed by high level feedback on my style, communication skills and approach. Told they would be in touch and received a call back within the week with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Director of NCA conducted the mock call, the pressure was on immediately and they played a "pleasant but tough" customer, throwing a few curveballs with objections and pushback on price.   View Answer
    Base is set offer, very little room for negotiations. All opportunity for earnings is based on sales performance. Must hit quota and over achieve for bonus potential.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at D&B.

One phone interview from a corporate recruiter. Then a 3 person interview.

Interview Questions
    Flat offer that was above my salary expectation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at D&B in January 2014.

phone interview took 5 minutes, basic questions such as what your best attrubute, where you go to school