D&B Interview Questions & Reviews

66 interviews

2.8

Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B in July 2012.

Applied on a Sunday, Received an email Wednesday requesting a phone interview. We scheduled the call for Friday afternoon. Late Friday morning, the recruiter sent me an email postponing the call for over a week and then emailed me a request to participate in an online interview using HireVue to be conducted over that weekend. I recorded my answers to 8 canned questions using my laptop with no opportunity to interact with anyone at D&B. Minutes before the phone interview was to begin, I received another email alerting me that the call was being cancelled. No reason given other than the stock "pursuing other candidates" verbiage. Very unprofessional considering that this was a high-level position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the 8 canned questions was difficult in itself, but having 30 seconds to read each one off the computer screen and then answering it via webcam in 3 minutes or less was atrocious.   View Answer

Leader Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at D&B in July 2012.

I found the role online and applied on a Tuesday. I was contacted by the HR person the following day to arrange a time for a telephone interview request with her, which was scheduled for the following week. That Friday, I got an email request to conduct a video interview with a company called HireVue to "move things forward more quickly." They asked that the video interview be conducted by that Monday. I completed the video interview that Saturday afternoon.

The video interview consisted of a series of eight pre-recorded questions about the job, which would have been fairly easy to answer if they were asked in a standard interview setting (i.e. in person or on the phone) and there had been any sort of prior verbal contact with HR about the job, such as the telephone interview, so I could have a better idea of both the company and the scope and responsibilities of the role outside of the information posted on their website.

The questions asked were not hard to answer but the context in which they were asked was awful. The question was presented on the screen, you were given 30 seconds to think about your answer then given three minutes to record your response. Aside from the fact that you needed to own a video camera and microphone and needed to be comfortable in front of the camera and create a "set" in your home with background and lighting to ensure you presented yourself in the most flattering circumstances.

The day before my phone interview with HR was scheduled, I received an email stating that it was cancelled and they were "pursuing other candidates."

I have been on quite a few interviews and conducted even more interviews in my 15+ years in the business world and this is easily the worst interview I have ever participated in. I did not have any verbal contact at all with anyone at D&B nor was I even given the chance to discuss the role and my background with a person at the company. It would have been nice to have some human interaction, especially considering this was a high level position within the company.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were hard, however the way they were presented was horrendous.   Answer Question

Predictive Modeler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at D&B.

2 rounds of phone interview, 1 hour presentation, 5 face to face interview

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shelton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at D&B in August 2007.

The interview process was great. There were three people in the group that interviewed. At first I was intimidated but they made you feel right at home.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you couldnt handle a situation dealt at work and how you overcame it   View Answer
    It was easy. They pretty much gave me what i wanted. Ask for what you deserve, they will give it to you.. great pay!

Financial Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at D&B in November 2011.

Applied online and was then invited to take online tests, both numerical and verbal reasoning types. Having obtained greater than the required marks in the tests was then invited to a first round interview with members of the department applied for. At the office also had to complete a numerical test in person.

Interview Questions
    • What are the greatest problems that you think Mario Monti will face?   Answer Question

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in July 2012.

Horrible recruiting process. Very little personal connection and the video interview was ridiculous. Pro forma, canned questions that did not allow for any variance from the script. HR rep was borderline rude.

Interview Questions
    • None of the canned questions was difficult to answer, but the video interview was ludicrous. It did not allow for any interaction, which is crazy when it was for a Communications position.   Answer Question

Predictive Modeler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at D&B.

There was a brief phone interview that lasted about half an hour which was followed by an onsite interview with a few members of their team and then a one hour presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked more business-related questions than I was expecting when applying for a statistics job.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B.

Initial phone interview with an internal recruiter, went well and basic sales questions. Recruiter moved me forward and was supportive throughout the process. Called back for interview in the office. Initial impression was good, seeing large open floor with casually dressed employees. Led to a room to meet with one of the Sales Managers. They gave a brief overview of the position, it was a little rushed. Then left me in the room with a phone for a mock call. Phone rings and I am instantly aking questions and trying to demonstrate knowledge of their preferred approach. Call goes through entire process (with a product overview for reference) and most importantly, asking for the sale and closing. Followed by high level feedback on my style, communication skills and approach. Told they would be in touch and received a call back within the week with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Director of NCA conducted the mock call, the pressure was on immediately and they played a "pleasant but tough" customer, throwing a few curveballs with objections and pushback on price.   View Answer
    Base is set offer, very little room for negotiations. All opportunity for earnings is based on sales performance. Must hit quota and over achieve for bonus potential.

Risk Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 months - interviewed at D&B in November 2011.

The interviews took over 2 months and included an aptitude test, personality test and a mock sales presentation. I didn't get any indication where I ranked until the end of those two months. Overall it wasn't a bad experience for me.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage your weaknesses in tough situations with team members or clients?   Answer Question
    Positive experience during negotiation phase

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in September 2011.

Very positive and proactive approach. It was clear that D&B wanted to hire from the beginning

Interview Questions
    • Do you believe you will fit into our culture, highly competitive and performance oriented   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate $10K increase in salary

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!