D&B Interview Questions

2.9

Spring Intern, Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malibu, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malibu, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at D&B in October 2012.

The interview was on site in Malibu and they began with behavioral questions such as tell me something about yourself, have u seen the D&B website, what do u know about D&B, what struck you as exciting in the website, they went over my resume, my projects, my experience. Then they started the technical interview which was based on pair programming. I was with another candidate and both of us together as a team had to answer the questions. The questions were related to core concepts of java: abstract classes intefaces, oop concepts, and database queries. At the end I was allowed to ask some questions....

Interview Questions
    • Questions about database queries and depth of knowledge and technologies in JAVA. They wanted experience with Spring and Hibernate and agile.   Answer Question

Project Analyst At D&B Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in September 2012.

Applied on a Friday night and received an email on a Saturday morning requesting for a phone interview. Scheduled the phone interview for 9 am with the interviewer.

Day of the interview, I checked my email an hour before the interview to check for any cancellations and there was none. The interviewer was 2 hours and 5 minutes late and she didn't even call... she emailed. She said "I got busy" and requested to have the interview either later in the day or the following day. I wanted to get it done the same day so I emailed her the same day. The interviewer was 10 minutes LATE to the RE-SCHEDULED time. The interviewer only asked me 4 questions that weren't hard or nothing out of the blue and asked me if i had any questions. I asked like 5 or 6 questions about the position as the interview gave a very brief description.

I had emailed the interviewer 6 days after the interview inquiring about my status for the face-to-face interview. No response. I emailed again about my status 2 days after that. No response.

This morning, 3 days later, I get an automated generic email from D&B HR stating that they are going to pursue other candidates.

I felt that the whole D&B interview experience was completely unprofessional and rather rude. I certainly did not feel wanted nor cared about by D&B.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were hard as they were generic questions. Only was asked 4 questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at D&B.

Recruiter from Adecco emailed to schedule a phone interview. Scheduled for two days later. Phone interview lasted about 10 minutes. Recruiter asked 'tell me about your background', asked where I live. No other questions. Wasn't very friendly and didn't talk much, which seemed odd since she was supposed to be soliciting for the company. She did explain the job, which she seemed to be informed about. Said she would talk to hiring manager. I did receive a script email a few days after interview stating that they had other candidates they were considering, which I was fine with. At least there was a form of communication on status.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your background. Where do you live, how far from the office.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in August 2012.

Recruiter reached out via linked in. I had a quick screen and I found the recruiter to be professional, polite and clearly someone who believed in D&B as a company. Her questions were general and were focused on making sure that I was up to speed on expectations and that I felt the opportunity was worth pursuing. I had three follow-up interviews and the feedback I received was very positive and after each interview I was told that I would be moved forward in the process. However, after the third despite being told that I would be moved forward D&B did not get back in touch. I followed up after 2 weeks and was told that they had decided to move in another direction.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all behavioral and as such they were not difficult. That said I was not offered a position so...take my assessment with a grain of salt.   Answer Question

Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B in July 2012.

Applied on a Sunday, Received an email Wednesday requesting a phone interview. We scheduled the call for Friday afternoon. Late Friday morning, the recruiter sent me an email postponing the call for over a week and then emailed me a request to participate in an online interview using HireVue to be conducted over that weekend. I recorded my answers to 8 canned questions using my laptop with no opportunity to interact with anyone at D&B. Minutes before the phone interview was to begin, I received another email alerting me that the call was being cancelled. No reason given other than the stock "pursuing other candidates" verbiage. Very unprofessional considering that this was a high-level position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the 8 canned questions was difficult in itself, but having 30 seconds to read each one off the computer screen and then answering it via webcam in 3 minutes or less was atrocious.   View Answer

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in July 2012.

Horrible recruiting process. Very little personal connection and the video interview was ridiculous. Pro forma, canned questions that did not allow for any variance from the script. HR rep was borderline rude.

Interview Questions
    • None of the canned questions was difficult to answer, but the video interview was ludicrous. It did not allow for any interaction, which is crazy when it was for a Communications position.   Answer Question

Credit Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at D&B in May 2012.

First interview was with recruiter over the phone. It was very cursrory and he/she was not able to answer simple questions about the positions and or key expectations from the job. Second interview was on-site. After a lengthy paper application process, I was escorted back fro a five minute interview which consisted in no probative questioning whcich immediately let me know this was a cattle call. I tried to ascertain from the credit lead more about the pay structure, job requirements, etc, but was told it was all covered during training and did I want the job. Next, training class started the following Monday with 30 other applicants. This is truly a boiler room process in hoping to get enough people to fill the empty desks around the office.

Interview Questions

I declined the position because the importance of a small business owner in deciding whether he will pay himself this week or buy an overly priced credit package did not resonate with me. After a few days I knew it was a dead end.

Credit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at D&B in May 2012.

Interview consisted of two one-on-one questions and answers section along with a brief listen of an employee talking to a potential customer.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Summit, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summit, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B in March 2012.

Phone interview first with HR. Typical interview questions. Next I had to take a full day off to spend at D&B for 4 face to face interviews. Everyone was very nice and friendly. All were very knowledgeable about the position. It was a good experience. the job itself sounded amazing....but the hours were more than I was willing to work. (Weekends and nights...in addition to regular business hours) Salary was lower than I was making as well.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at D&B in February 2012.

An in-house recruiter emailed to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of two questions with an ice-cold interviewer. Indicated a follow up for next week which never came. No contact whatsoever.