D&B

63 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New Account Acquisition Specialist Interview

New Account Acquisition Specialist

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then 2 rounds of personal interviews, mirror an employee for 2 hours, then find out the are hiring about eveerryone

Interview Question – nothing all pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, just take it or leave it

Manager, Learning and Development Interview

Manager, Learning and Development
Short Hills, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at D&B in February 2013.

Interview Details – The Recruiter (Adecco) reached out to me via email. We had a brief phone conversation which lasted about 15 minutes. It was by far the shortest phone screen I've had, and the strangest. The Recruiter was very monotone and had no enthusiasm in her tone. She asked me one question "tell me about your work history"... and as I spoke, I did not hear a single peep from her. She did not ask any followup questions or show any auditory signs that she was even listening. I did stop to ask her if she had any questions and she would just say 'no.' I continued to speak until I had covered my entire resume. At that time, she abruptly ended the call and said she would be in touch next week. As a representative of D&B, I expected her to be much more upbeat, interesting and interested. I hung up the phone and felt I did NOT want to work there. She clearly was an unhappy and unmotivated person - regardless if she works for Adecco or D&B.

Two weeks later I received a canned email that they were pursuing candidates with more specific qualifications. That was fine by me!

Interview Question – She only asked 1 question, "tell me about your work history"...   Answer Question

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Executive Administrative Assistant
Short Hills, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in November 2012.

Interview Details – Dull, boring, like pulling teeth with the recruiter. One word answers, indifferent, couldn't be bothered attitude. Everything and everyone disturbed her.

Interview Question – Why are you in the job market when you already have a job. I responded to this prior.   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in August 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter reached out via linked in. I had a quick screen and I found the recruiter to be professional, polite and clearly someone who believed in D&B as a company. Her questions were general and were focused on making sure that I was up to speed on expectations and that I felt the opportunity was worth pursuing. I had three follow-up interviews and the feedback I received was very positive and after each interview I was told that I would be moved forward in the process. However, after the third despite being told that I would be moved forward D&B did not get back in touch. I followed up after 2 weeks and was told that they had decided to move in another direction.

Interview Question – The questions were all behavioral and as such they were not difficult. That said I was not offered a position so...take my assessment with a grain of salt.   Answer Question

Credit Advisor Interview

Credit Advisor
Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at D&B in March 2008.

Interview Details – Pre screened with headhunter. Apt. for interview, with team lead, then when done with that interview, sent to another office to interview with another team lead. Notified of offer next day, with training schedule.

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Spring Intern, Java Developer Interview

Spring Intern, Java Developer
Malibu, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at D&B in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was on site in Malibu and they began with behavioral questions such as tell me something about yourself, have u seen the D&B website, what do u know about D&B, what struck you as exciting in the website, they went over my resume, my projects, my experience. Then they started the technical interview which was based on pair programming. I was with another candidate and both of us together as a team had to answer the questions. The questions were related to core concepts of java: abstract classes intefaces, oop concepts, and database queries. At the end I was allowed to ask some questions....

Interview Question – Questions about database queries and depth of knowledge and technologies in JAVA. They wanted experience with Spring and Hibernate and agile.   Answer Question

Project Analyst At D&B Interview

Project Analyst At D&B
Short Hills, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in September 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on a Friday night and received an email on a Saturday morning requesting for a phone interview. Scheduled the phone interview for 9 am with the interviewer.

Day of the interview, I checked my email an hour before the interview to check for any cancellations and there was none. The interviewer was 2 hours and 5 minutes late and she didn't even call... she emailed. She said "I got busy" and requested to have the interview either later in the day or the following day. I wanted to get it done the same day so I emailed her the same day. The interviewer was 10 minutes LATE to the RE-SCHEDULED time. The interviewer only asked me 4 questions that weren't hard or nothing out of the blue and asked me if i had any questions. I asked like 5 or 6 questions about the position as the interview gave a very brief description.

I had emailed the interviewer 6 days after the interview inquiring about my status for the face-to-face interview. No response. I emailed again about my status 2 days after that. No response.

This morning, 3 days later, I get an automated generic email from D&B HR stating that they are going to pursue other candidates.

I felt that the whole D&B interview experience was completely unprofessional and rather rude. I certainly did not feel wanted nor cared about by D&B.

Interview Question – None of the questions were hard as they were generic questions. Only was asked 4 questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Professional Interview

Human Resources Professional
Short Hills, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at D&B.

Interview Details – Recruiter from Adecco emailed to schedule a phone interview. Scheduled for two days later. Phone interview lasted about 10 minutes. Recruiter asked 'tell me about your background', asked where I live. No other questions. Wasn't very friendly and didn't talk much, which seemed odd since she was supposed to be soliciting for the company. She did explain the job, which she seemed to be informed about. Said she would talk to hiring manager. I did receive a script email a few days after interview stating that they had other candidates they were considering, which I was fine with. At least there was a form of communication on status.

Interview Question – Tell me about your background. Where do you live, how far from the office.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Leader Interview

Leader
Short Hills, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied on a Sunday, Received an email Wednesday requesting a phone interview. We scheduled the call for Friday afternoon. Late Friday morning, the recruiter sent me an email postponing the call for over a week and then emailed me a request to participate in an online interview using HireVue to be conducted over that weekend. I recorded my answers to 8 canned questions using my laptop with no opportunity to interact with anyone at D&B. Minutes before the phone interview was to begin, I received another email alerting me that the call was being cancelled. No reason given other than the stock "pursuing other candidates" verbiage. Very unprofessional considering that this was a high-level position.

Interview Question – None of the 8 canned questions was difficult in itself, but having 30 seconds to read each one off the computer screen and then answering it via webcam in 3 minutes or less was atrocious.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Credit Advisor Interview

Credit Advisor
Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at D&B in May 2012.

Interview Details – First interview was with recruiter over the phone. It was very cursrory and he/she was not able to answer simple questions about the positions and or key expectations from the job. Second interview was on-site. After a lengthy paper application process, I was escorted back fro a five minute interview which consisted in no probative questioning whcich immediately let me know this was a cattle call. I tried to ascertain from the credit lead more about the pay structure, job requirements, etc, but was told it was all covered during training and did I want the job. Next, training class started the following Monday with 30 other applicants. This is truly a boiler room process in hoping to get enough people to fill the empty desks around the office.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I declined the position because the importance of a small business owner in deciding whether he will pay himself this week or buy an overly priced credit package did not resonate with me. After a few days I knew it was a dead end.