D&B

Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.9

Human Resources Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at D&B.

Recruiter from Adecco emailed to schedule a phone interview. Scheduled for two days later. Phone interview lasted about 10 minutes. Recruiter asked 'tell me about your background', asked where I live. No other questions. Wasn't very friendly and didn't talk much, which seemed odd since she was supposed to be soliciting for the company. She did explain the job, which she seemed to be informed about. Said she would talk to hiring manager. I did receive a script email a few days after interview stating that they had other candidates they were considering, which I was fine with. At least there was a form of communication on status.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your background. Where do you live, how far from the office.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at D&B in August 2012.

Recruiter reached out via linked in. I had a quick screen and I found the recruiter to be professional, polite and clearly someone who believed in D&B as a company. Her questions were general and were focused on making sure that I was up to speed on expectations and that I felt the opportunity was worth pursuing. I had three follow-up interviews and the feedback I received was very positive and after each interview I was told that I would be moved forward in the process. However, after the third despite being told that I would be moved forward D&B did not get back in touch. I followed up after 2 weeks and was told that they had decided to move in another direction.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all behavioral and as such they were not difficult. That said I was not offered a position so...take my assessment with a grain of salt.   Answer Question

Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at D&B in July 2012.

Applied on a Sunday, Received an email Wednesday requesting a phone interview. We scheduled the call for Friday afternoon. Late Friday morning, the recruiter sent me an email postponing the call for over a week and then emailed me a request to participate in an online interview using HireVue to be conducted over that weekend. I recorded my answers to 8 canned questions using my laptop with no opportunity to interact with anyone at D&B. Minutes before the phone interview was to begin, I received another email alerting me that the call was being cancelled. No reason given other than the stock "pursuing other candidates" verbiage. Very unprofessional considering that this was a high-level position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the 8 canned questions was difficult in itself, but having 30 seconds to read each one off the computer screen and then answering it via webcam in 3 minutes or less was atrocious.   View Answer

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at D&B in July 2012.

Horrible recruiting process. Very little personal connection and the video interview was ridiculous. Pro forma, canned questions that did not allow for any variance from the script. HR rep was borderline rude.

Interview Questions
    • None of the canned questions was difficult to answer, but the video interview was ludicrous. It did not allow for any interaction, which is crazy when it was for a Communications position.   Answer Question

Credit Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at D&B in May 2012.

First interview was with recruiter over the phone. It was very cursrory and he/she was not able to answer simple questions about the positions and or key expectations from the job. Second interview was on-site. After a lengthy paper application process, I was escorted back fro a five minute interview which consisted in no probative questioning whcich immediately let me know this was a cattle call. I tried to ascertain from the credit lead more about the pay structure, job requirements, etc, but was told it was all covered during training and did I want the job. Next, training class started the following Monday with 30 other applicants. This is truly a boiler room process in hoping to get enough people to fill the empty desks around the office.

Interview Questions

I declined the position because the importance of a small business owner in deciding whether he will pay himself this week or buy an overly priced credit package did not resonate with me. After a few days I knew it was a dead end.

Credit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at D&B in May 2012.

Interview consisted of two one-on-one questions and answers section along with a brief listen of an employee talking to a potential customer.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at D&B in March 2012.

Phone interview first with HR. Typical interview questions. Next I had to take a full day off to spend at D&B for 4 face to face interviews. Everyone was very nice and friendly. All were very knowledgeable about the position. It was a good experience. the job itself sounded amazing....but the hours were more than I was willing to work. (Weekends and nights...in addition to regular business hours) Salary was lower than I was making as well.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at D&B in February 2012.

An in-house recruiter emailed to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of two questions with an ice-cold interviewer. Indicated a follow up for next week which never came. No contact whatsoever.

Business Reengineering, Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at D&B in December 2011.

It was an utter nightmare. I initially applied for a role that was listed on an alumni site. I got a call back and was told that role was not availble, but there was another role that fit my background. This call call came from an outside recruiting firm which represented itself as being a part of D&B. The person submitted my resume for the position and I then received a call. I had one interview on the phone. That went well and I was asked to travel to Short Hills, NJ (at my costs). There were no directions offered on how to get to this surban location from NYC. I went in for the interview and truly enjoyed all the people I met. After that I got another call to come back to NJ for another set of interviews (you would think they had the sense to realize their location is not convient and to get all interviews done at once). In that interview several people gave me the impression that I would get the role. After that interiview I received a call requesting I do a phone interview with someone. Who when we spoke seemed confused why we were talking. The interview processed ended at that point. As I tell the story it seems not so bad...until you realize this process drug out over 3 months often with no communication from the recruiting firm or D&B. The process was inefficient and you could almost feel how they were playing the people interviewing against each...the entire process felt slezzy and unprofessional. And that should have been my read flag.

While employed the experience was truly awful.

The manager I worked for pulled me aside several times to speak poorly about other employees on our team and express frustration in their need for development. The manager was truly in over their head and overwhelmed with the role. Very demanding in expectations but did a very poor job of setting expectaitons laying out a clear path to success for those who reported to her. In my case I don't think we had one scheduled meeting to discuss expectations around the job or for her to clearly communicate expectrations for my first project. Although it was my first project in a new organization we spent about 10 mins discussing it on a Thursday afternoon. I stayed up all night working on a draft the document that night because she asked for a draft document by Friday for a Monday early afternoon meeting. Had we some time scheduled on Thursday as oppose to a quick 10 min conversation I would have know how she expected to have a final version of the document by early afternoon Monday that was client ready.

Her relationship with her boss was characterized by frequent communication via face-to-face, phone, emails, etc and should have been a model for her with her direct reports, but was not. When she reviewed my on-boarding plan in the only one on one meeting we had (which was not scheduled) she read and responded to several emails her boss sent ultimately leaving me in the huddle room alone for 10 minutes. As a manager of people she did not seem to realize that she had an additional client...her direct reports.

Interview Questions
    They were inflexible. I found the process low rent.

Risk Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at D&B in November 2011.

The interviews took over 2 months and included an aptitude test, personality test and a mock sales presentation. I didn't get any indication where I ranked until the end of those two months. Overall it wasn't a bad experience for me.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage your weaknesses in tough situations with team members or clients?   Answer Question
    Positive experience during negotiation phase