D&B Interview Questions

2.9

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntington, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at D&B in August 2009.

The interview was with JVKelly, a D&B Company. They began interviewing in June, with a flurry of phone interviews and in-person interviews. The people were very pleasant and helpful. However, they didn't seem to be well prepared for the actual interviews. It did cause me some concern on how seriously they take the hiring process. Every time there was follow-up, they were at least twice as long as indicated and did not return voicemail or email in the interim. This went on for several months. Eventually and offer was made, but for a different position than they had originally posted.

Interview Questions
    • How many hubcaps are there in the United States   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shelton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at D&B in August 2007.

The interview process was great. There were three people in the group that interviewed. At first I was intimidated but they made you feel right at home.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you couldnt handle a situation dealt at work and how you overcame it   View Answer
    It was easy. They pretty much gave me what i wanted. Ask for what you deserve, they will give it to you.. great pay!

Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in January 2009.

Candidates are found using an outsourced vendor/ recruiter. Starts off with the standard telephone interview before being brought in. From what I have seen, most candidates end up meeting with 3-4 people on their first round and then brought in to meet with another 2-3 if they make the first cut. Each interviewer usually agrees before going in to focus on one core area (i.e Leadership ) Standard check off list is use by all to review after interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation or a project that went wrong and what you did.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at D&B in March 2009.

very informal process and professional managers. Mostly went over my background, the position itself.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at D&B in August 2014.

I was intimated about a walk-in by a consultancy. It was at 10 AM . At 10:15 they started a written test for 1 hour within the bay.The questions were ambiguous and the pictures they had given were vague and not printed with good quality. After the test, they started verifying the answer, I could hear the persons talking while correcting the paper and it seemed that most of them did not know the answers to the questions and were struggling to verify the papers!. I lost any good impressions I had about the company. As I passed the written test, I faced a technical interview, which was also okay, but was told that if i were selected I would have to stretch times on most days. After I passed this level, I had a meeting with the manager who told me that it had a 8 hour culture, which confused me. After this round I had a meeting with the HR manager. After asking all details, he said he would get back to me on the next day and it has not happened and now it is few days later.

Interview Questions
    • If two persons in your team are performing equally good how will you rate them during the appraisal process   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Two Technical rounds [Logically solving program] and technical discussion explaining about the projects done and questions related to that and last meet VP for further discussion. They check how technically sound you are, how verbally and confidentially you are.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandyford (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandyford (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at D&B.

A technical interview with a chat about past works. Then some architecture questions on REST, SOAP, core Java. Everything normal and easy. An exercise on blackboard to reverse a String in Java.

Interview Questions
    • I still don't know this one. Would you structure your application to take benefits when it is being deployed in Cloud rather than hardware?   View Answer

Multi-Lingual Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at D&B in October 2010.

Via an agency. Very good preparation by agency before the interviews with the company.
    Friendly athmosphere, relaxed, straight forward. Mainly talking about stages of CV in detail.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, but they were checking enthusiasm for the company   View Answer
    No room for negotiation about salary. Start date was flexible.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in August 2009.

Written Test to test writing skills - A topic was provided to be prepared from home.
    This was followed by F2F interview

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation as I was at start of my career

Debt Collection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Auckland (New Zealand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B in February 2013.

1 got a call interview, asked few questions like " how much do u know about DNB and the position", got short listed, then gave a date for formal interview
     2 the interview was fun. Did self introduction, and did group marketing sort of actives with other candidates. Then went though call making exercise with other candidates. After that, got a writing assessment. Before we go, also got form of police check and credit check. Forgot mention, also got a one on one formal interview with one of the HR person. The whole process took 3hours.

Interview Questions
    • Practise of call making was a bit unexpected, and but was lot of fun. I missed out some keep point that needed to be mention during the practise, but just hoping they will look away from it, and give me another chance to prove I have got what they want. Anyway, I have not hear from them so far.   View Answer
    I have not hear from them at this point, but I hope they will accept me. Basically, I am still waiting for the "call" from them, fingers cross.