D&B Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in January 2009.

Candidates are found using an outsourced vendor/ recruiter. Starts off with the standard telephone interview before being brought in. From what I have seen, most candidates end up meeting with 3-4 people on their first round and then brought in to meet with another 2-3 if they make the first cut. Each interviewer usually agrees before going in to focus on one core area (i.e Leadership ) Standard check off list is use by all to review after interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation or a project that went wrong and what you did.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at D&B in March 2009.

very informal process and professional managers. Mostly went over my background, the position itself.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at D&B in August 2014.

I was intimated about a walk-in by a consultancy. It was at 10 AM . At 10:15 they started a written test for 1 hour within the bay.The questions were ambiguous and the pictures they had given were vague and not printed with good quality. After the test, they started verifying the answer, I could hear the persons talking while correcting the paper and it seemed that most of them did not know the answers to the questions and were struggling to verify the papers!. I lost any good impressions I had about the company. As I passed the written test, I faced a technical interview, which was also okay, but was told that if i were selected I would have to stretch times on most days. After I passed this level, I had a meeting with the manager who told me that it had a 8 hour culture, which confused me. After this round I had a meeting with the HR manager. After asking all details, he said he would get back to me on the next day and it has not happened and now it is few days later.

Interview Questions
    • If two persons in your team are performing equally good how will you rate them during the appraisal process   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Two Technical rounds [Logically solving program] and technical discussion explaining about the projects done and questions related to that and last meet VP for further discussion. They check how technically sound you are, how verbally and confidentially you are.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sandyford (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Sandyford (Ireland)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at D&B.

A technical interview with a chat about past works. Then some architecture questions on REST, SOAP, core Java. Everything normal and easy. An exercise on blackboard to reverse a String in Java.

Interview Questions
    • I still don't know this one. Would you structure your application to take benefits when it is being deployed in Cloud rather than hardware?   View Answer

Multi-Lingual Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at D&B in October 2010.

Via an agency. Very good preparation by agency before the interviews with the company.
    Friendly athmosphere, relaxed, straight forward. Mainly talking about stages of CV in detail.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, but they were checking enthusiasm for the company   View Answer
    No room for negotiation about salary. Start date was flexible.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at D&B in August 2009.

Written Test to test writing skills - A topic was provided to be prepared from home.
    This was followed by F2F interview

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation as I was at start of my career

Debt Collection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Auckland (New Zealand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auckland (New Zealand)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B in February 2013.

1 got a call interview, asked few questions like " how much do u know about DNB and the position", got short listed, then gave a date for formal interview
     2 the interview was fun. Did self introduction, and did group marketing sort of actives with other candidates. Then went though call making exercise with other candidates. After that, got a writing assessment. Before we go, also got form of police check and credit check. Forgot mention, also got a one on one formal interview with one of the HR person. The whole process took 3hours.

Interview Questions
    • Practise of call making was a bit unexpected, and but was lot of fun. I missed out some keep point that needed to be mention during the practise, but just hoping they will look away from it, and give me another chance to prove I have got what they want. Anyway, I have not hear from them so far.   View Answer
    I have not hear from them at this point, but I hope they will accept me. Basically, I am still waiting for the "call" from them, fingers cross.

National Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in February 2010.

First step: HR Call.
    Second step: Flying down to Mumbai to meet SBU Head.
    Interview lasts for about 2 hrs.
    Step 3: Meet CEO for a brief discussion.
    Step 4: Negotiations with HR.
    Step 5. Arrangement to join.

Interview Questions
    • Being a Business Head will you be able to take care of employees because ultimately it is about taking care about their families.   Answer Question
    Could negotiate the salary.
    Advice to others: Be firm while asking and justify it.

Statistical Consultant Interview

The phone interview lasted only about 10 mins. The HR asked some experience based questions. She speaked really fast from the very beginning, and her voice is monotone, giving me the impression that she doesn't really care and just want to finish it quickly.