D&B Leader Interview Questions & Reviews

4.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Short Hills, NJ
Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D&B in July 2012.

Applied on a Sunday, Received an email Wednesday requesting a phone interview. We scheduled the call for Friday afternoon. Late Friday morning, the recruiter sent me an email postponing the call for over a week and then emailed me a request to participate in an online interview using HireVue to be conducted over that weekend. I recorded my answers to 8 canned questions using my laptop with no opportunity to interact with anyone at D&B. Minutes before the phone interview was to begin, I received another email alerting me that the call was being cancelled. No reason given other than the stock "pursuing other candidates" verbiage. Very unprofessional considering that this was a high-level position.

Interview Questions
  • None of the 8 canned questions was difficult in itself, but having 30 seconds to read each one off the computer screen and then answering it via webcam in 3 minutes or less was atrocious.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for D&B

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Short Hills, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at D&B in January 2009.

Candidates are found using an outsourced vendor/ recruiter. Starts off with the standard telephone interview before being brought in. From what I have seen, most candidates end up meeting with 3-4 people on their first round and then brought in to meet with another 2-3 if they make the first cut. Each interviewer usually agrees before going in to focus on one core area (i.e Leadership ) Standard check off list is use by all to review after interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation or a project that went wrong and what you did.   Answer Question

Leader Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at D&B in July 2012.

I found the role online and applied on a Tuesday. I was contacted by the HR person the following day to arrange a time for a telephone interview request with her, which was scheduled for the following week. That Friday, I got an email request to conduct a video interview with a company called HireVue to "move things forward more quickly." They asked that the video interview be conducted by that Monday. I completed the video interview that Saturday afternoon.

The video interview consisted of a series of eight pre-recorded questions about the job, which would have been fairly easy to answer if they were asked in a standard interview setting (i.e. in person or on the phone) and there had been any sort of prior verbal contact with HR about the job, such as the telephone interview, so I could have a better idea of both the company and the scope and responsibilities of the role outside of the information posted on their website.

The questions asked were not hard to answer but the context in which they were asked was awful. The question was presented on the screen, you were given 30 seconds to think about your answer then given three minutes to record your response. Aside from the fact that you needed to own a video camera and microphone and needed to be comfortable in front of the camera and create a "set" in your home with background and lighting to ensure you presented yourself in the most flattering circumstances.

The day before my phone interview with HR was scheduled, I received an email stating that it was cancelled and they were "pursuing other candidates."

I have been on quite a few interviews and conducted even more interviews in my 15+ years in the business world and this is easily the worst interview I have ever participated in. I did not have any verbal contact at all with anyone at D&B nor was I even given the chance to discuss the role and my background with a person at the company. It would have been nice to have some human interaction, especially considering this was a high level position within the company.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were hard, however the way they were presented was horrendous.   Answer Question

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!