D&B

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at D&B in September 2008.

The interview process consisted of a local, in person interview with the district manager and a phone interview with the regional vice president. Both interviews were pretty standard questions about sales and customer service experiences. My perception was that the hiring decision was mainly made by the local district manager.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a sale experience that you were unsuccessful and explain what you would do differently.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for D&B

Relationship Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at D&B in October 2008.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter who set up dates and times for two additional phone interviews; one with the Hiring Manager and the second with a seasoned colleague. This took about two weeks to complete. At that point, I was asked to meet in person with a person who held the same position, within the office, in order to better understand the role and to see if it was truly a good fit. The following week, I was asked to interview in person with the my Leader, as well as his Boss. They asked standard interview questions pertaining to acheivements, goals, strengths, weaknesses, "what would you do" situations, etc in order to better understand me as a candidate. The interview process took approximately 3 weeks for interviews, but the recruiter was then an additional 4 weeks in getting me offer letters, benefits information, etc. It was incredibly difficult to reach the recruiter and he was widely unresponsive to follow up.

Interview Questions
    • They presented a scenario in which a customer was unhappy with their solution and not wanting to renew. They asked what types of questions should be asked and what type of dialogue could be held with the customer to change their mind.   View Answer
    Recruiters will indicate that there is a small base salary range that you will need to stay within. I found out later that there is much more flexibility than initially understood and that if you come in with a strong sales background and sales accolades that you should use that as leverage for a higher base salary.