D1 Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at D1 Consulting Group (Naperville, IL).

Interview

They are really friendly during the whole interview process. They bring you into one of the manager's office & really just ask you about yourself; a getting to know you type of thing. If you are asked back for the second part of the interview, they ask you more in depth questions regarding your resume. 3rd part; you go on a job shadow.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Why do you think you will be a great addition to this company? Why should I pick you over someone else?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at D1 Consulting Group (Naperville, IL).

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews. The first one was your average behavioral interview and the second one was a job shadowing. During the job shadowing you will follow one of the employees to work. The shadowing you'll get a chance to familiarize yourself with their job and give you a chance to ask any questions you have. After shadowing for about an hour, you'll sit down and chat a little more about the position over lunch. Over lunch ,you will get to understand a little more about the structure of the company, pay scheme, and how D1 plans to develop you from an entry-level position to a higher position.

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at D1 Consulting Group (Naperville, IL).

Interview

First, let me say that the job title, Junior Consultant, is highly misleading I explained why later in this review. So...I applied for the Junior Consultant position via online job board. The very next morning, I received a call from the HR Director and was asked to come in for an interview the next afternoon. I agreed. So, when I got to the interview, I was asked to fill out a short application. Thereafter, I met with the company's manager. The interview process was fairly easy. The interview questions were A-typical...what are some of your strengths/weaknesses, tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc. When I was told what the job entails and how I was to be paid (commission only), I was in disbelief. The Junior Consultant position is just a fancy word for "door-to-door salesman." After the interview, I was told, pending whether she thought I would be a great fit for the company and position, that I will receive a call from the HR Director to set up a date for "training." I use quotations around training because their initial training involves shadowing one of their Junior Consultants. I was told that job shadowing or "training" with a current Junior Consultant would be out in the field...another red flag was raised. So, within an hour after the interview, I received a call from the HR Director with the job offer and open dates to come in for the job shadow training. I set up a date for the training, which bought me time to do some more research on the company. So, after doing some digging, I came across reviews from this site and a few others with complaints about the misleading job title and pay structure,. So, the next morning, I called D1 to inform them that I didn't want the job offer. I could hear the attitude in her tone after I informed them I didn't want the job. I didn't get, "Oh, well we wish you the best in your endeavors" or "Sorry we are not a good fit for you" This raised another red flag. Who gets a salty attitude when you decide not to take the job??? I guess they do, but oh well.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at D1 Consulting Group.

Interview

The hiring process at D1 consists of a preliminary interview, second round interview (job shadow), and final round. While a little bit on the long side, I think it was a good way to learn a lot about the company, and actually my second round interview ended up preparing me for my first day on the job, so it worked out in the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little negotiation, pretty straight forward. I had to finish school before I could start.

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at D1 Consulting Group.

Interview

Three steps to the interview. First interview was brief and I was told it was based on a first impression because of high volume of applicants. Second interview I shadowed a Jr. Consultant and watched them close an account with a client. Then we went to Potbelly's to eat llunch and discuss the structure of the company, position pay and duties. Third interview was with the hiring manager who was really friendly and only asked a few questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were the manager of a company, what would you do in the following situation/ how would you handle it? ___________   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at D1 Consulting Group.

Interview

Initially a phone call with rudimentary quires such as "why are you looking for a different position", "where do you see yourself in 5-10 years" and so forth. The HR representative that I spoke to knew very little about what the position entailed, and was more concerned with getting me in the door than answering any of my questions. Every time I asked a specific question I was told to "come in for the interview where all of my questions would be answered" - I have never seen this approach before; to me it was indicative of a company that has an extremely high churn rate and is therefore required to bring in as many people as possible.

Interview Questions

Unacceptability pay scale, deceptive job title

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at D1 Consulting Group in December 2014.

Interview

I got a call from Kelsy about a position that I applied to. I never applied to this company, I'm almost sure they pulled my resume from career builder. She asked me why I'm looking for a full time job and then asked me to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• There was only one question asked. Why am I looking for a full time job.   1 Answer

After asking one question, she asked me to come in for an interview the next day. When I told her that I'd be able to set up something a little later in the week, she told me that their schedule is on a daily basis. If you can't accommodate my scheduling needs then its not the right fit for me.

Junior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at D1 Consulting Group in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process is really easy. First round they just ask you couple simple interview questions. I got second round interview at night that day. Second round interview, you actually go door-to-door sales with an assistant manager. You will pass that easily. The third round was as easy as the first round.

It is not what I expected, and I cannot get working visa from that.

Entry Level Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at D1 Consulting Group (Naperville, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview had 3 rounds, met with Allie for about 20 minutes, they called me on my way home and told me I made it to the next round. 2nd round was door to door sales all day, 3 round was just a follow up after walking around all day. Offered the position and declined

Junior Consultant/Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at D1 Consulting Group (Naperville, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

After being contacted by the hiring manager who reviewed my application on my colleges hiring board, I was invited for an initial interview to their office in Naperville. I really liked the office environment because it seemed professional yet fun and fast-paced. Everyone that worked there seemed really motivated and genuinely happy. I was invited for a second interview which was around 3 hours long where they took me out to lunch to explain more about the position. After sitting down with the last hiring manager who had a few questions for me, I was told I would receive a call as soon the decision had been made.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a problem you encountered in a past position and how you might handle it differently given the education and experience you have now.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I currently am finishing an MBA and I asked them if the schedule was flexible for continued education purposes. They allowed me to take one evening a week off work to finish my degree.