D2L

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at D2L

Interview Details – It is technical interview (by phone) conducted by someone from HR who has no technical background. The question and answering make me feel uncomfortable, and very mechanical. The general conversation is fine. I do not understand why the phone interview has to be done in this way.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst
Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at D2L in January 2010.

Interview Details – Pros: fast process

After the initial phone interview I went for the panel interview. There were 2 people, one from HR and the direct supervisor .
It was a weird experience. Went into a room with poor lighting and a huge table. I could hardly see them. The hr was ok but the supervisor had a tick accent so I had a hard time understanding him. I was more focused on understanding what he was saying than thinking about what I was saying. He didn't seem to have a lot of interviewing experience. He was just reading the questions from a paper and made me very uncomfortable .

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at D2L.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with Desire2Learn and they asked me a series of HR questions and later was a group of technical questions. It was not a hard interview, you need to know about the data structure and the concept of Object Oriented programming and Software Development.

Interview Question – What is a difference between stack and heap?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Interview

Sales
Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at D2L in April 2014.

Interview Details – Call back was through the recruiter as a first interview. Questions were well structured and basic. Me doing a lot of the talking, just going through the transition areas on my CV.

I was then asked to perform an assessment for the second interview. Some of the questions were relevant, others most definitely not. It was far too detailed for the position I applied to and involved math equations that were more apt for engineers and developers. I must have done well however, because they asked me in for a third interview.

I assumed this would be my last interview. I spent over an hour talking with the team leader about sales strategy and relative aspects of my experience. Again, not too much out of the ordinary. He told me at the third interview that he'd like to invite me for a forth, 'scenario' interview. It was booked very quickly.

The scenario interview consisted of me sitting in front of a panel of D2L employees, discussing a potential contract for a university. They were very polite and after everything was done, gave good feedback. Overall, I assumed it was a positive result as they spent the next half and hour briefing me on my future role and talking a little bit about the day-to-day operation of the company. The team lead excused himself for a meeting soon after with the promise to get in touch over the next few days.

It was a week later when I had to actually call and ask about the position. No one answered my call and I received a terse email a few hours later informing me that I was passed over for another candidate. It's disheartening that they didn't see my time worthy enough to merit a call to provide feedback and to give me an answer in a timely manner. It was a glimpse into how the Sales department values it's staff and I really feel that I dodged a bullet. Be aware of my experience as you go through the interview process and commit hours of your time to D2L.

Interview Question – During panel they asked what were the details of the software outage from 2013.   View Answers (5)

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer

Interviewed at D2L

Interview Details – Part 1 of 3:
Screening call of past experience and some programming questions.

Interview Question – Some of the questions:
- What's a hash
- what's reflection
- diff between Get() and Post()
- whats a stack?
- whats a heap?
  Answer Question

Not Specified Interview

Not Specified
Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at D2L.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview. Then interview with hiring manager. Then panel and individual interviews with other managers and director.

Interview Question – What will you be doing the night before you start your new job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary & vacation were not negotiable, but they allowed me to have my benefits start immediately rather than after 3 months.

Software Developer (Co-op) Interview

Software Developer (Co-op)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at D2L in July 2011.

Interview Details – The process was simple, just a Telephonic interview. Interview conducted by one Hr and one technical person. Pretty straight and to the point technical questions. The pay offered was pretty fair.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Whatever I asked, they accepted and offered me salary which meets my expectations.

Deployment Specialist Interview

Deployment Specialist
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at D2L.

Interview Details – Really easy interview.
Asked general questions
know your resume

Software Engineer - Customizations Interview

Software Engineer - Customizations
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D2L in September 2013.

Interview Details – First got a 45 minute phone interview which consisted of resume, behavioral, and technical questions. Got a reply back a couple days later for an in-person interview. The in-person was 1 hour long. Half an hour consisted of resume discussion, and the other half was technical questions. The technical part consisted of 2 questions - the first question I was given a page of code and was asked to find things I would change (try/catch exceptions, public to private variables, etc.). The second question was "How would you design a deck of cards" and "how would you shuffle a deck of cards?".

Got a reply back a few days later saying I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a Thread and a Process?   View Answer
  • List some design patterns and describe one of them in detail   View Answer
  • Given 2 arrays of names, how would you merge them?   View Answers (2)

Sales Support Interview

Sales Support
Kitchener, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at D2L.

Interview Details – Applied online, received feedback for phone interview after 2 weeks. Had initial phone screen with HR (approx 30 mins). Was invited to an in-person interview with 3 different people for 20 minutes per person. Was invited back for second interview with two of the initial interviewers. Final phone conversation with hiring manager about salary before being presented with offer.

Interview Question – Tell me what you think this job entails and what you think you'll be doing   View Answer

Worked for D2L? Contribute to the Community!