D2M-Inc

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Mechanical Design Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at D2M-Inc in February 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly quick process from first contact to phone screen was less than one week and then had face to face interviews the next week. Some people interviewed for fit into the company while others looked for technical depth. Lots of good questions. People seemed down to earth. Ultimately they were looking for someone who had more technical depth than I did. They took the time to talk to me about where I did well and not so well, which I appreciated.

Interview Questions

• several technical questions that tested my grasp of engineering fundamentals   View Answer
  • asking me to describe my approach to solving a problem that I had in my past career   View Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Mountain View, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at D2M-Inc in June 2008.

Interview Details – Preliminary phone interview with an HR rep (screening). You then will interview with your would be manager. Brought parts/ samples of prior things (bag of tricks). Was then pulled in several days later for interview with several people (various team members). Be prepared to discuss examples of your work and your process of how you achieve desired results. Creativity goes a long way at D2M.

Interview Question – What is your process for design?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not sure now. In 2008 I didn't negotiate much, because I had stated salary from prior job (which was a lot lower than the offer). Hard to bargain up from that, although I should/ could? have?

Worked for D2M-Inc? Contribute to the Community!