DAI (Redmond, WA)

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Bethesda, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DAI (Redmond, WA) in February 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for a position, but was contacted for a different position. Phone interview followed by 1:1 interview. Both were very brief, and to the point. Very quiet office, but it was a Friday.

Regional Coordinator Interview

Regional Coordinator
Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DAI (Redmond, WA) in November 2011.

Interview Details – HR moved very quickly and professionally. In this case it was a position they were looking to fill quickly.

Interview Questions

• Describe two of your strengths and two of your weaknesses.   Answer Question
  • How do you deal with juggling many different tasks at once?   Answer Question
  • How do you handle the more mundane, administrative requirements of a position?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – DAI seems like a great place to work, but I received another offer elsewhere that was more in line with my interests and career goals.

Business Development Interview

Business Development
Bethesda, MD

The process took 2 months - interviewed at DAI (Redmond, WA) in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was organized and fairly brief. I had one phone interview, then two in person interviews. The staff was friendly and informative.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working for DAI?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
Bethesda, MD

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DAI (Redmond, WA) in December 2010.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview with an HR recruiter. Was told at the end of the interview that I was being passed on to the next round.

Came in for several hours to do a...
panel interview with three of the position's supervisors
panel interview with five of the position's peers
2 hour skills test: proofreading, budgeting in Excel, and writing.

Called a week later to come meet with a Senior VP. It was more of a meet and greet than an interview.

Asked to fill out paperwork and provide references. References were emailed a form of questions to fill out about the candidate.

Recruitment Specialist Interview

Recruitment Specialist
Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DAI (Redmond, WA) in September 2010.

Interview Details – Online application submitted through "careers" page on website. About two weeks later I was contacted by email by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. The recruiter was pleasant on the phone and asked standard questions. After the phone interview she contacted me by email again to schedule and in-person interview I had an in-person interview. The interview was with the recruiter and the position's direct supervisor.

The office was very nice- modern decor with calming neutral colors.

Interview Questions

• -What would you do in the case that contractor salary expectations did not fall within the limits that DAI could offer?   Answer Question
  • What most interests you about this position?   Answer Question

Senior International Recruiter Interview

Senior International Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DAI (Redmond, WA) in June 2010.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview from a recruiter. Then met with a training manager, a potential supervisor, and another professional I would be interacting with.

Interview Questions

• We want someone who will stay in this position for at least two years. Are you able to stay for at least 2 years?   View Answer
  • What kind of social networking tools do you use?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I made a counter-offer. They responded by including a sign-on bonus, but did not budge on the salary.

Project Management Interview

Project Management

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DAI (Redmond, WA) in April 2010.

Interview Details – Standard procedure: Receive a phone call to arrange an in-person interview, later confirmed via email. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of a straight-forward discussion with two people working on the team (a manager and a project coordinator), detailing the duties of the job and how it fit with the applicant's background. The office was impressively modern and clean, and people seemed genuinely happy to be there.

Interview Question – What do you consider your greatest strengths and how would they apply to this position?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for DAI (Redmond, WA)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DAI (Redmond, WA) interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by DAI (Redmond, WA) employees and interview candidates.