DB&A

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Senior Market Analyst Interview

Senior Market Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DB&A.

Interview Details – Multiple phone and face to face interviews. Hair drug test and background checks before interviews. Also a sit down along side a current Market Analyst. Nothing about the interview will raise a red flag till your first week. The tools given are useless.

Interview Question – They will hire just about anyone as long as you have a call center experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DB&A.

Interview Details – Phone screen, phone interview, in person interview, VP interview.

Interview Question – What was the most ethical dilemma you have faced in your job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and interviewed at DB&A.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed up with in person interview. Basic personality and situational questions. Relatively quick process and very through in explaining position and what was to be expected.

Interview Question – Nothing really stood out as it was pretty formulaic.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't see this a long term fit for me.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at DB&A.

Interview Details – Overall interview process was slow with multiple tiers and hoops to jump through. Overall questions were easy and straightforward.

Interview Question – Identify production trends through a chart provided   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DB&A in January 2011.

Interview Details – Basic interview over the phone, another interview face to face that lasted about 20 minutes where nothing related to work was talked about.

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate, they are good at getting you hooked up throwing the salary at you first and when you do not have a job, 55k sounds really good.

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DB&A.

Interview Details – Phone screen, Phone Interview, In Person Interview, Call with VP

Interview Question – Behavioral Based Interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negoiation, salary is set. They are a performance based company.

Management Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DB&A.

Interview Details – Brief advertisement run by local Atlanta based head hunter
Respond to advertisement with resume and work history
Initial phone interview with the head hunter
On site interview with the head hunter
Testing process completed with the head hunter
After interviewing with the head hunter, interview process moves to DBA management
DBA management completes 1st interview
DBA management completes 2nd interview
Get your 1st assignment

Interview Question – How do you handle "burning a candle on both ends," meaning how do you deal with home issues while on the road 100%   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple, all positions have set starting salaries.

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DB&A in March 2011.

Interview Details – An extensive process, first the phone screen approximately 30 -45 minutes, then the on-site meeting with "the Chief"( a VP) at hotel near the airport. After introductions, two tests were required -- a WIS (time based) and a personality test. Much of the interview is based on the dynamics between you and the interviewer.

Interview Question – Are you willing to put in 70-80 hours a week?   View Answer

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at DB&A in December 2012.

Interview Details – - Phone interview was set-up very shortly after submitting online application.
- Excellent phone interview. Very professional, detailed and honest. HR person wanted to make sure both parties have a clear understanding of the position and that there will be a good fit.
- A personal interview date was set-up shortly after with one of their Operation Managers at a nearby airport hotel. unfortunately a few weeks out due to travel schedules (no travel reimbursements).
- Interview was pleasant and professional, although the timed ability/cognitive test felt a little misplaced to me.
- The following day the background check was approved to take about 1 week.
- Upon passing the final phone interview with a senior manager was agreed on about 2 weeks out.
- Final Interview was open and professional and within 2 days I received positive confirmation.
- Written offer was postponed several times due to the company updating their forecast. However, HR kept me updated regularly showing their continued interest in hiring me.

Interview Question – No unexpected or difficult questions if you are prepared and did your research. They expect you to ask reasonable questions and many of them. That is good, so don't be shy!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fixed, non-negotiable salary plus a per diem for every day away from home

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DB&A in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter, she was very pleasant. We had two calls, one more formal than the other. Then I met with the Talent Acquisition manager for a face to face interview. Then a phone interview with a VP.

Interview Question – Behaviorial Questions, not hard, you just need to think of a specific example.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotation, they pay the same for all consultants.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for DB&A? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DB&A interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by DB&A employees and interview candidates.