DB&A Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.6

Senior Market Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DB&A.

Interview

Multiple phone and face to face interviews. Hair drug test and background checks before interviews. Also a sit down along side a current Market Analyst. Nothing about the interview will raise a red flag till your first week. The tools given are useless.

Interview Questions

• They will hire just about anyone as long as you have a call center experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at DB&A (Newark, NJ) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and very efficient. Communication was great and it started with 2 phone interviews and led to a face to face in a high rise office building, very classy. Straight forward and honest answers from the recruiter. No hidden expectations. All that was said during my interview was truthful and came to fruition in my first 45 days on-boarding.

Interview Questions

• How do your achievements correlate to what DB&A does with its clients? In essence, give proof that you can help DB&A accomplish it's goals.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salaries are fixed for entry level consultants. No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DB&A (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Phone screen, phone interview, in person interview, VP interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the most ethical dilemma you have faced in your job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DB&A.

Interview

Phone interview followed up with in person interview. Basic personality and situational questions. Relatively quick process and very through in explaining position and what was to be expected.

Interview Questions

I didn't see this a long term fit for me.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DB&A.

Interview

Overall interview process was slow with multiple tiers and hoops to jump through. Overall questions were easy and straightforward.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DB&A (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Four levels of interview for project managers. The phone interviews went very well and were easy. This is when you get to feel like you will enjoy working for this company. My interview with the CEO was one of the worst I have experienced. I was not at all sure I'd got the job. He was more interested in where I had worked than what I could do.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Little flexibility,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DB&A (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screen, Phone Interview, In Person Interview, Call with VP

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negoiation, salary is set. They are a performance based company.

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DB&A.

Interview

Brief advertisement run by local Atlanta based head hunter
    Respond to advertisement with resume and work history
    Initial phone interview with the head hunter
    On site interview with the head hunter
    Testing process completed with the head hunter
    After interviewing with the head hunter, interview process moves to DBA management
    DBA management completes 1st interview
    DBA management completes 2nd interview
    Get your 1st assignment

Interview Questions

• How do you handle "burning a candle on both ends," meaning how do you deal with home issues while on the road 100%   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple, all positions have set starting salaries.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DB&A (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

The process starts with a phone interview or email. Then usually a follow-up conversation. After that there is a in person interview with someone from the leadership team at a hotel meeting room in the city you live in. Manager who interviewed was very professional and honest about the position. They gave a lot of helpful information, and addressed any questions or concerns I had about the job.

Interview Questions

• The testing, they use the WPT. That was a little unusual because it's manual. They also have you write something, to see if you can make sentences and thoughts, I suppose.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really is no negotiation for entry level consultants, but I am not sure about leadership positions?

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DB&A.

Interview

Through multiple phone interviews, in person interview and then job offer, I found everyone to be easy to speak with, knowledgeable about the company and future projections. From the recruiter to the Vice President it was obvious DBA is trying to hire quality team members who bring many different skills to the table.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find the questions difficult or really unexpected but many did require some good thought before answering.   Answer Question