DBRS

2.9

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DBRS.

Applied through university website. Got a call within a week and set up phone interview asking about basic credentials and interests. Then got set up with an site interview about a week later. Questions asked were mostly behavioral and if I had any knowledge working with CMBS. Everyone interviewed me was generally very nice. Got a call giving me the offer after about 2 days.

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

Applied through university and the overall interview was very bad. Interviewer asked questions about what you know about us, when you found out about us and expects you to know how they do their work. If you're not too familiar then you're in big trouble. Atmosphere was horrible and they seem to care about you at all. No regular interview questions just accounting specific or industry specific questions.

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

It was an internship position and the interview process was really suffering. There were two interviewers and apparently they showed no interest on me. During the time they were asking me question, they kept silence and skipped some important points on my resume. It was a very embarrased atmosphere when I talked to them because they didn't show any response at all.

Interview Questions
    • You have to pick up some accounting questions on the table.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at DBRS.

interview with two MDs and a phone interview with HR for negotiation
    friendly atmosphere during the interview, with some hard questions but generally reasonable.

got brought back for a second round with two more MDs.

Interview Questions
    negotiated some smaller items, such as benefits

Junior Financial Analysis Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DBRS.

Applied through University

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behaviour questions and specif questions about accounting   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DBRS.

contacted by one of recruiter for position.

Software Engineer Interview

First hiring manager phone interview, then I was asked to do programming online. Then technical phone interview. I failed to move onto the next step.

VBA Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DBRS in November 2012.

The interview was short and only lasted about 15min. Usually there are two interviewers and they take turns in asking questions. Very straight forward questions and no technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Not a lot of questions were asked, but be prepared to answer questions about the company.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DBRS in January 2011.

It was not difficult. They need qualified analysts because of high turnover and co-ops and interns crunching the numbers. Previous credit experience will ensure you the job. They asked some easy questions that they thought were difficult. Told me how big they were and that I could move to London or NY if I wanted.

None.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DBRS in February 2010.

Interview was short and relaxed. They just wanted to know if I had done any research on the company and seemed pleased that I had. Turns out a lot of people when asked :What do you know about the company? respond with "Not much." That pretty much kills your chances dead.

Interview Questions
    • How much do you know about (insert name of obscuring financing vehicle here)? I lied a little and said I had written about it before, which was not strictly true (I had written about something very similar), but sometimes white lies are a necessity to get you to that next step. They also had me meet with the obscure financing team, who seemed too find the process amusing.   Answer Question
    The offer was in the range I was seeking and the benefits were excellent so I accepted.