DBS Bank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.8

Vice President Interview

Initial communication from the recruiter was not very clear. Interview got re-scheduled few times. Finally the interviewer did not turn up and nominated some one else to conduct. Interviewers mainly focused on personal experience questions.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly personal experience interview questions. Realized that they were looking for a very senior person where as job description or the recruiter did not mention that.   Answer Question

Bank Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online - interviewed at DBS Bank in April 2014.

HR contacted me for a first round interview- written test. the written test includes two essays ( one Chinese and one English). They contacted few days later ask for an interview with line manager. A very detail interview, being asked for almost everything about the prospective job. After interviewed by the line manager, immediately went through interview with HR. questions asked by HR are no special, all about my personal achievement, my past job experiences, etc. Received offer few days later

Interview Questions
    • the questions asked by line manager are very high level, such as she asked me how this company should go for the coming ten years.   Answer Question

Service Office Interview

Smooth but unexpected result, very far location, missing interview details email, and etc....Smooth but unexpected result, very far location, missing interview details email, and etc....Smooth but unexpected result, very far location, missing interview details email, and etc....

Assistant Service Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at DBS Bank.

If you were to be CEO of DBS, what are the 3 things that you want to do?
    Tell me a situation that you did which spark others creativity
    Hobbies, what's your father's job

Interview Questions
    • If you were to be CEO of DBS, what are the 3 things that you want to do?   Answer Question

Graduate Associate Retail Banking (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DBS Bank in July 2013.

There will be a phone interview or rather conversation to find out why you applied for the role.
    Subsequently, you have to do an online personality test, 3 video introductions (which you can retake as many times as you want) and a timed recorded interview.
    Lastly, you will go down to MBFC for a final interview and role-play before you get the "yes" or "no" for offer.

Interview Questions

There were better offers around.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DBS Bank.

took video introduction, then virtual interview and finally phone in
    expected questions like why this company, why this position, share leadership experience, difficulties in previous internship and how you tackle it

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at DBS Bank in June 2014.

Out of interest, I took part in an online contest to provide some e-commerce solutions. I was approached by DBS directly for a F2F Interview with the SVP and followed by the Managing Director.

Interview Questions
    • Knowing that I came from the Financial Sector with extensive experience, the bank still could not match my expected package.   Answer Question

Graduate Associate Interview

First round of interview. 3 online assessment (45 min each), 3 video intro, 1 virtual interview.
    Given three days to complete. Virtual interview only given one chance, make sure you're prepared before recording.

At the second round now..
    Panel Interview - 45 minutes max
    Role Play - 30 minutes To engage a potential customer

Interview Questions
    • If you are the new CEO of DBS, what are the first three things that you will do.   Answer Question

Senior Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online - interviewed at DBS Bank.

Met the Branch Manager at the branch for one time interview. Presented about myself and showed some background credentials and awards received in my previous employment. Liked the interviewer who is going to be my direct manager.

The HR process is more thorough. Very stringent background checks. And the process took about 2 weeks to gather all the information required before slotting me into the their nearest New-Entrants Program.

Graduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

interviewed at DBS Bank in June 2014.

There were two Online Tests (Verbal Reasoning Test and Logical Reasoning Tests) conducted by SHL on demand
    Followed by a Virtual Interview and a Video Introduction. The virtual interview lasted 15 minutes which consisted of 5 questions

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult situation and how you overcame it, Best achievement, Best function of excel   Answer Question

Worked for DBS Bank? Contribute to the Community!