DBS Bank

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.8

Graduate Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DBS Bank.

Step 1 Online Resume Submission- With the template they provide, fill out the info they require and provide as abundant attached files as possible to justify your fitness
    Step 2 Numerical and Verbal Reasoning Test- SHL On Demand. No big difference from the ones of other financial institutions
    Step 3 Video Interview- divided into 2 parts; first part requires you to do self-intro on yourself including education, skills, experience and could be re-recorded, while the second part is a one-time through recording, will have 18 mins to answer 6 interview questions, and before each question you will have 30 seconds to read and think about the question.
    Step 4 Assessment Centre- last 2 hours, will do individual presentation with senior manager (my current phase)

Interview Questions
    • If you are appointed the new CEO of DBS, what would be the first three things that you'll do?
      Leadership experience
      Tell me about an example of "thinking outside the box"
      Between the two programs, MAP and GAP, which one would you choose and why?
      Tell me about your best achievement.

Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DBS Bank in February 2015.

Intensive rounds of interviews within a short period of time, I have gone through online application, Aptitude test, Video Interview and going to take the phone interview soon. It all just happened within 2 weeks. So I was just allowed 2-3 days for each round.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be anywhere in the world now, where would you be?   Answer Question

Collateral Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DBS Bank.

Hiring manager just wanted to know more about you. The interview process was more of getting to know you better. Most of the time they are trying to explain what is the job like and what you should be expected.

Interview Questions
    • Since the position is based on trading activities for credit derivative, was asked about simple credit derivative products like swap, options and forwards.   Answer Question

Graduate Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DBS Bank.

two online assessments which are competency and graph reading etc. Then if pass, will have a video interview, video interview consists of six random questions. theres no rest between 6 questions which made it very tough. the second portion consists of self intro video interview. i failed the video interview

Management Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DBS Bank in January 2015.

Online test: it is easy. shl do more exercises
    Video : record an introduction and answer questions
    Hr interview: behaviour question
    AC: 6 persons a group
    Panel interview
    Last for almost 4 month
    It is hard and long procedure

Graduate Associate Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DBS Bank.

1. Online application
    2. Assessments (one logic test, and one math test)
    3. Online video interview
    4. Pannel interview.
    The interview stages can be found on it's website. There was no unexpected tests or questions. The interviewer focus on your skills and experience. As well as to see how you respond in different scenarios.

No negotiation.

Hiring Process:
    1. Video Interview
    2. Assessment Center
    3. Interview with Business Managers

Video interview consists of 3 self-introductory videos, each of which are untimed. So take the opportunity to get used to speaking in front of the camera, before moving on to the timed questions (behavioural questions).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had to make a decision under intense pressure.   Answer Question

Graduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DBS Bank in December 2014.

Video interview followed by a panel interview. Questions at video interview are all situational questions. Panel interview was also rather relaxed, important thing is to chat the interviewers off their feet. What I didn't like about the interview was that one of the interviewer played the devil's advocate and was constantly challenging my answers. But I understand given that the role ultimately leads to a sales role, where one has to always think of his feet.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me who's your favorite superhero and why. (Video interview)   View Answer

Graduate Associate Interview

you have to create 3 videos, first one is self intro, second one is education, and last one is experience and skills. For the virtual interview part, you have 15 mins to answer 5 questions pop up on the screen.

Interview Questions
    • between 'big picture person' and 'detailed-oriented', which one do you think you are?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DBS Bank.

Long interview discussion . Pleasant experience. Alot of questions asked ... interview was a test on how well u can hold a conversation . Not much of technical questions asked but interview was focus on how u think on the spot In response to those questions

Interview Questions
    Fair and equitable .. open to discussion