DBS Bank Interview Questions in Singapore

2.8

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Associate Retail Banking (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DBS Bank in July 2013.

There will be a phone interview or rather conversation to find out why you applied for the role.
    Subsequently, you have to do an online personality test, 3 video introductions (which you can retake as many times as you want) and a timed recorded interview.
    Lastly, you will go down to MBFC for a final interview and role-play before you get the "yes" or "no" for offer.

Interview Questions

There were better offers around.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at DBS Bank in June 2014.

Out of interest, I took part in an online contest to provide some e-commerce solutions. I was approached by DBS directly for a F2F Interview with the SVP and followed by the Managing Director.

Interview Questions
    • Knowing that I came from the Financial Sector with extensive experience, the bank still could not match my expected package.   Answer Question

Senior Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online - interviewed at DBS Bank.

Met the Branch Manager at the branch for one time interview. Presented about myself and showed some background credentials and awards received in my previous employment. Liked the interviewer who is going to be my direct manager.

The HR process is more thorough. Very stringent background checks. And the process took about 2 weeks to gather all the information required before slotting me into the their nearest New-Entrants Program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

interviewed at DBS Bank in June 2014.

There were two Online Tests (Verbal Reasoning Test and Logical Reasoning Tests) conducted by SHL on demand
    Followed by a Virtual Interview and a Video Introduction. The virtual interview lasted 15 minutes which consisted of 5 questions

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult situation and how you overcame it, Best achievement, Best function of excel   Answer Question

DBS Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at DBS Bank in May 2014.

1 interview

Meet the HR personnel and Hiring Manager ( or Branch Manager)

45mins long ( basically grilling you on our background and asking sales related questions)

Basically they just want you to prove to them that you have the ability to sell their products.

Graduate Associate Programmer – Technology and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DBS Bank in November 2013.

Received invitation for online assessment test within a week of applying. Online assessment consist of one Verbal and one Numerical critical reasoning test. Similar to most MA or MT program online assessment.

Received invitation for online virtual interview 1 week after that. Consist of 3 self introduction videos that can be re-recorded and 5 timed questions that can not be re-recorded. All 5 questions were behavioural based question.

Received call from HR 1 week after completion of video interview for an invitation to panel interview. Interview dress code is Business Formal so do take note. Interview panel consist one 1 hiring manager (SVP) and 1 HR (SVP). Interview lasted an hour and started with the usual "run me through your resume" before being asked question. Questions consist fully of competency based leadership, behavioural and company fit questions.

3 working days after interview received call for invitation to 2nd panel interview. 2nd interview consist of 2 hiring managers (SVPs) and 1 HR in charge of running the GA program (SA). Interview lasted for an hour again. Questions were divided equally among competency questions (leadership and teamwork), company fit, expectation of jobs and situational questions.

Received offer via HR call 3 working days after interview.

Note: I applied for the Ops role hence there were not technical questions. I would expected the tech roles to get some technical questions

Interview Questions
    • There were a couple of difficult situational questions but due to the nature of the questions it would be very easy to identify me if I were to post them here.   View Answer
    Price taker, no negotiation.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at DBS Bank in March 2014.

- Online test (difficult)
    - Interview with VP
    They are really nice...

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at DBS Bank.

Online application- Resume + Cover letter, after 4 weeks I received an invitation for online numerical + verbal reasoning test, after 2 weeks I received an invitation for a virtual interview (lasted for 20 minutes, 5 questions in total), and finally received an invitation for panel interview (technical + competency based) after 2 weeks.

Bank Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Brought into a room and being interviewed by 2 officers, both are the team lead of my respective job. interview was quick, tested my email and response skills to different events. Received the offer 1 day later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DBS Bank.

First round: CV screening and Online timed test
    Second round: Interview with HR Vice President (questions on background, personality)
    Third round: Panel interview (questions on relevant experience)

Interviewers were not as friendly as I hoped they would be, so be prepared for that. Try to demonstrate your fit for the company and the role.

Interview Questions

Worked for DBS Bank? Contribute to the Community!