DBS Group Holdings

40 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Associate Interview

Management Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for the 2013 MA cycle. I got an invitation for an interview about 2 months after my application. The interview was in the form of a video recording in which I had to answer 4-5 questions. I could do the interview within a window of 5 days and at my leisure. The interview has a stopclock that runs when recording and pauses briefly for 30 seconds between questions. A total of 15 mins is allowed for all 5 recordings, which all have to be done in 1 sitting. Upon completion, I received a response of my results another 2 months later.

Interview Question – If you could have a meal with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be and why?   Answer Question

DBS Relationship Manager Interview

DBS Relationship Manager
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings in May 2014.

Interview Details – 1 interview

Meet the HR personnel and Hiring Manager ( or Branch Manager)

45mins long ( basically grilling you on our background and asking sales related questions)

Basically they just want you to prove to them that you have the ability to sell their products.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult except be prepared for role playing   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings in April 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Online Application
2. Numerical and Verbal reasoning(online test)
3. Create a video to introduce yourself
4. Assessment Center
5. HR interview followed by AC

Interview Question – You have to be active and perform well in AC in order to have a chance to interview with HR after AC.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Management Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at DBS Group Holdings.

Interview Details – 1. Online aptitude test (numerical, verbal, logical)
2. Video interview (around 30mins)
3. Accessment centre (around 5 hours) (Eight people per group)
4. Panel Interview

The interview process takes quite a long time. The passing rate of each process is quite low, so better be well prepared. HR are nice and friendly.

Interview Question – Why DBS?   Answer Question

Graduate Associate Programmer – Technology and Operations Interview

Graduate Associate Programmer – Technology and Operations
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings in November 2013.

Interview Details – Received invitation for online assessment test within a week of applying. Online assessment consist of one Verbal and one Numerical critical reasoning test. Similar to most MA or MT program online assessment.

Received invitation for online virtual interview 1 week after that. Consist of 3 self introduction videos that can be re-recorded and 5 timed questions that can not be re-recorded. All 5 questions were behavioural based question.

Received call from HR 1 week after completion of video interview for an invitation to panel interview. Interview dress code is Business Formal so do take note. Interview panel consist one 1 hiring manager (SVP) and 1 HR (SVP). Interview lasted an hour and started with the usual "run me through your resume" before being asked question. Questions consist fully of competency based leadership, behavioural and company fit questions.

3 working days after interview received call for invitation to 2nd panel interview. 2nd interview consist of 2 hiring managers (SVPs) and 1 HR in charge of running the GA program (SA). Interview lasted for an hour again. Questions were divided equally among competency questions (leadership and teamwork), company fit, expectation of jobs and situational questions.

Received offer via HR call 3 working days after interview.

Note: I applied for the Ops role hence there were not technical questions. I would expected the tech roles to get some technical questions

Interview Question – There were a couple of difficult situational questions but due to the nature of the questions it would be very easy to identify me if I were to post them here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Price taker, no negotiation.

Customer Service Officer Interview

Customer Service Officer

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings.

Interview Details – Hiring process took pretty long. First go through panel interview and then one to one. Afterwhich have to go through a role play and do a proficiency test.

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – accepted another job offer

Graduate Associate Interview

Graduate Associate
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings.

Interview Details – Online application- Resume + Cover letter, after 4 weeks I received an invitation for online numerical + verbal reasoning test, after 2 weeks I received an invitation for a virtual interview (lasted for 20 minutes, 5 questions in total), and finally received an invitation for panel interview (technical + competency based) after 2 weeks.

Interview Question – What is your favourite music?   Answer Question

Bancassurance Interview

Bancassurance

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings.

Interview Details – With HR and hiring manager - personality , running through resume and ability to handle stress and rejection. What motivates you (sales) and just Be confident. Got offered in 2 days after interview.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. No technical questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had another offer.

Customer Service Officer Interview

Customer Service Officer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings.

Interview Details – I applied online and 3 days later, DBS called me up for an interview.
Interview is approximately 2 to 3.5 hours long. In the morning, you have to complete a written test consist of simple mathematics problems. There are also questions on customer service and email writing. After that, you will have a 1-to-1 interview with HR. For me, the interview lasted about 50mins, mainly with me answering conventional interview questions. There is a questioning segment on certain scenarios and asking you to draw on your prev school/work experience to answer. This is to assess your personality suitability for the job. If you pass the interview, the last round will be a personality test and a role-play test. After you have attempted the personality test, they will direct a phone call to you and you will have to handle a frustrated customer's complaint/inquiry. 1 week later, they called and ask me for referees. It took another week for the job agency to call back to confirm my acceptance of this position.

Interview Question – None. Questions are generally conventional.   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer (Call Center) Interview

Customer Service Officer (Call Center)

Interviewed at DBS Group Holdings

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview. 1st round is written test, includs math, comprehension test on different scenarions, and email reply. All are quite simple and easy. 2nd round is face to face interview, most of the time talked about how would you handle difficult client. 3rd round is personality test and role play.

Interview Question – None. Interviewer quite friendly.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – location too far from my house, and I had another offer.

Worked for DBS Group Holdings? Contribute to the Community!