DBS Group Holdings

Relevance Date Difficulty

DBS Relationship Manager Interview

DBS Relationship Manager
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings in May 2014.

Interview Details – 1 interview

Meet the HR personnel and Hiring Manager ( or Branch Manager)

45mins long ( basically grilling you on our background and asking sales related questions)

Basically they just want you to prove to them that you have the ability to sell their products.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult except be prepared for role playing   Answer Question

Graduate Associate Programmer – Technology and Operations Interview

Graduate Associate Programmer – Technology and Operations
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings in November 2013.

Interview Details – Received invitation for online assessment test within a week of applying. Online assessment consist of one Verbal and one Numerical critical reasoning test. Similar to most MA or MT program online assessment.

Received invitation for online virtual interview 1 week after that. Consist of 3 self introduction videos that can be re-recorded and 5 timed questions that can not be re-recorded. All 5 questions were behavioural based question.

Received call from HR 1 week after completion of video interview for an invitation to panel interview. Interview dress code is Business Formal so do take note. Interview panel consist one 1 hiring manager (SVP) and 1 HR (SVP). Interview lasted an hour and started with the usual "run me through your resume" before being asked question. Questions consist fully of competency based leadership, behavioural and company fit questions.

3 working days after interview received call for invitation to 2nd panel interview. 2nd interview consist of 2 hiring managers (SVPs) and 1 HR in charge of running the GA program (SA). Interview lasted for an hour again. Questions were divided equally among competency questions (leadership and teamwork), company fit, expectation of jobs and situational questions.

Received offer via HR call 3 working days after interview.

Note: I applied for the Ops role hence there were not technical questions. I would expected the tech roles to get some technical questions

Interview Question – There were a couple of difficult situational questions but due to the nature of the questions it would be very easy to identify me if I were to post them here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Price taker, no negotiation.

Graduate Associate Interview

Graduate Associate
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings.

Interview Details – Online application- Resume + Cover letter, after 4 weeks I received an invitation for online numerical + verbal reasoning test, after 2 weeks I received an invitation for a virtual interview (lasted for 20 minutes, 5 questions in total), and finally received an invitation for panel interview (technical + competency based) after 2 weeks.

Interview Question – What is your favourite music?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round of interview- CV screening, math and english online tests
2nd round of interview- interview with HR after a call saying I'm successful
3rd round of interview- interview with business manager and a colleague he brought along (he confirmed my placement during the interview)
Think the 3rd round varies according to the department you're posted to

Interview Question – Please tell me a time when you're innovative   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings in August 2013.

Interview Details – First round interview by hiring managers. Though the firm is promoting a culture of open mindedness and voice your opinion style, the hiring managers are more towards the hierachy style of management.

Interview Question – None, basic interview questions   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Management Associate
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings in April 2013.

Interview Details – Online Tests, followed by Interview with HR, and assessment centre, followed by interview with senior managers.

Interview Question – More to assess your fit for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nil

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings in January 2013.

Interview Details – Basically asking about your personality and your qualities to see if you fit the job role. They will also tell you more about the job during the process and then if you pass you will meet the HR (where you are almost certainly going to land an offer). I actually went to 2 interview, 1 with POSB (where they really grill you) and the DBS one being more friendly.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings in May 2012.

Interview Details – 4 rounds
1st was a online test similar to recruitment tests for most banks.
2nd was an interview with HR manager, mostly fit questions.
3rd was a group case, where we had discussion in front of a few staff followed by a presentation to the same people.
4th was with the line manager, who told me about the job scope and asked mostly fit questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to make an ethical decision   Answer Question

IT Project Management Interview

IT Project Management
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings in July 2009.

Interview Details – First round is an online personality test, something like a personality and IQ test. It's timed, so you need to complete it during a fixed period. You can start anytime during the specified week, though.

Second round is an interview with the HR manager. They'll ask you many questions on your experiences and reactions to various scenarios - what was your hardest task, what would you do if there was a disagreement, what would you do if you couldn't work with your teammates etc. Just be prepared with loads of anecdotes.

Third round is with the department manager (usually a managing director or senior vice president). This is the dept you will likely work in, so the questions might get more technical and more relevant to your dept, e.g. what are your skills, how do you deal with vendors, are you willing to work overtime etc. This is the final hurdle, after which you're PART OF THE TEAM!

Interview Question – Are you willing to work overtime till 12am everyday?   Answer Question

SSB Intern Interview

SSB Intern
Singapore (Singapore)

The process took a day - interviewed at DBS Group Holdings in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied through school portal and got contacted from the company. The interviewer, later my supervisor, arranged an interview which consisted of only competency-based questions one week after cv and cover letter submission. I got offered one week after the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you encountered cultural conflicts due to difference in background and how you solved the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation process occurred as stipend was pre-arranged beforehand

Worked for DBS Group Holdings? Contribute to the Community!