DC Group Interview Questions

Sales Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at DC Group.

Initial interview with owner Jon Frank. He was odd to say the least. Almost non communicative

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to write an essay as to why I wanted to work at DC Group   Answer Question
    The salary is very low but I did get him to come up two thousand dollars off the $32K base. Commission structure was not even explained.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DC Group in March 2014.

I went through the phone and in person interview process finishing with my last conversation with the CEO, Jon Frank. This interaction was awkward, degrading, and intrusive. Jon attitude and demeanor reflected horribly on the company. I knew that working for Jon would be difficult as soon as he did not great me or make eye contact when I entered his office!

Interview Questions
    • Every question that was asked did not have an answer that was going to be good enough especially questions regarding prospecting styles.   View Answer

National Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at DC Group in July 2013.

I was called by the sales manager, he found my resume on careerbuilder.com. I went in for an interview with him, then the CFO and finally the CEO. I thought it was a quick and easy process and was very happy with the impression of the company. I met a few other employees during the process and they were all very welcoming, felt as if the company was its own small family.

Salary was negotiable. I felt the offer was generous for not being in the IT field previously.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DC Group in March 2013.

I sent my resume to Charlie Kramer and interviewed with Jon Frank the next day.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question. Jon Frank asked a question and I answered. I waited for about 10 minutes for him to ask me the next questions.   Answer Question

National Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DC Group in November 2012.

I was able to meet with my direct manager, Human Resources, as well as the CEO. All of the interviews were very comfortable and more conversation and open than most other positions. From the beginning I was able to ask questions, receive the information, as well as learn about the companies goals for the next 5 years.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DC Group in June 2012.

I was initially contacted by the CEO of the company based upon a resume I posted online. After a rather clumsy phone interview, I was informed that I had been successful and asked to fly to Minneapolis. There was a little confusion concerning travel arrangements, but I eventually arrived at the correct location. Considering the time and expense the company invested in bringing me to it's headquarters, you would think a tour or at least a minimal meet and greet would have been in order. No on all counts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DC Group in January 2012.

I received a phone call from someone at DC Group who wanted to talk with me "for a few minutes". It was a clumsy attempt at a phone screen with lots of silence on the interviewer's part and mine. I was asked what my mantra was. At the end of this, I was asked if I wanted to come in for an interview. I said yes.

The in-person interview was done with the CEO and no-one else. We started a few minutes late and then he had to take a phone call for about 5 minutes. When he returned, it seemed as though he was less prepared than I was! I had to ask him to tell me about the position's demands, why it was open, and about the company. He seemed to want to ask me behavior-based interview questions, but he didn't quite seem to know what he wanted to ask.

At the end, he told me the "next steps" were for me to write an essay of about one page explaining why I want the position and why I would be a good fit for it. An ESSAY?!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to cold-call and if it was successful.   Answer Question

Business Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DC Group in January 2009.

One panel interview with supervisors and two 1:1 interviews with CEO. Panel was mostly questions revolving around work ethic and attitude; CEO questions were mostly about personal things, assumedly to gauge personal attitude and responses.

Negotiate better pay. The productivity of the position demands for it., regardless of counter-arguments on experience.