DCH Health System

DCH Health System Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at DCH Health System

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DCH Health System.

Interview process was tiered. First level was with cross functional panel and hiring manager. Next level was with hiring manager and next level leaders. Final level was with colleagues and hiring manager. Given level of position, this was to be expected.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DCH Health System in May 2012.

Very simple - apply online at their site. Schedule an interview with the recruiter. You are still suppose to apply to each floor/unit you like but she also said she'd be in contact with them as well. Then schedule interviews as they come in.

Interview Questions
    • When can you start or what schedule fits best for you? Seriously, I was fresh out of school, so they asked some basic "how would you handle this instance" type question, not having anything to do with nursing knowledge, more how do you handle people who do something wrong or conflict scenarios. The most unexpected thing to me was how easy it was.   Answer Question
    There was none, you come in at base pay ($18.75) if you have no-experience. Going off how easy the interview process was, I don't think they'd have a problem replacing me with somebody else to start out at base. Not sure how it works for experienced personnel, but I assume there is some type of scale they use - non-negotiable.

Senior Compensation Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DCH Health System.

One short interview with the Director and an Analyst followed by a 20 minute meeting with the VP of HR which ended in her assistant telling her she had a phone call and me leaving her office. I expected more probing, technical and behavioral questions in a structured format and was kind of unprepared for the apparent lack of standardization of the process. I think they were just trying to decide if they liked me or not.

Interview Questions
    I was offered the same salary that I was currenlty making and asked for more to compensate for the reduced benefits compared to my current position.