DCP Midstream LP Interview Questions

2.3

Asset Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DCP Midstream LP.

Applied at a university job fair. I was interview the next day and a few weeks later sent to a on-site interview. The first interview was very easy and basically just to determine if I would be willing to go to/be happy in a small rural town and if I would get along with other employees. The on-site consisted of two panel interviews where they asked more standard behavioral questions.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Borger, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Borger, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at DCP Midstream LP in October 2013.

They originally came to a campus recruit in Sept and told us after interviewing with the recruiter they'd get in contact in a week or two. Three weeks later I was asked to come with 5 other students to their office in Borger, TX to interview again with a panel of engineers and other HR people. They shuttled us up there and we stayed in a hotel overnight. The first evening they took us out for pizza and bowling and was really just a "get to know you" type environment. The next day from 8-3 was our formal interview with different panels of people.

I think they wanted to know that I'm flexible with where I'm going to live and they asked several of the questions I had read on here to prepare myself for the interview. For example:
    1. What three things can you bring to this company? 2. What was your favorite class? 3. What do you most like about yourself and dislike? 4. What will your wife think about living in a small town? 5. What will your wife think about you traveling for work? 6. What do you think about these things? 7. Name a time you were right about something and you had to explain it to a superior. 8. Why do you want to work for DCP? 9. Why choose DCP over one of the larger companies? 10. How do you manage high expectations? 11. What makes you stand out above the others?

Interview Questions
    • Looking back what is going to be your best memory of your life? Say you get the home run at the end of the game in high school. What's something you're going to tell your kids about?   View Answer
    No, they sent over a contract and wrote in the email that they would not be making any changes to the contract over the following year. I felt like the offer was very good and the relocation package is amazing.

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DCP Midstream LP.

If you are alive and have a degree in any engineering you will be made an offer.

Negotiate they need you.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DCP Midstream LP in October 2012.

Interview process was pretty laid back and easy. I was contacted through campus recruiting and had a first interview on campus. The interview was real relaxed just went through my resume. Be ready to ask questions at the end and don't have any preference on location. The second interview in Denver was more of a get to know you. There were about five 20 minute interviews. Each interview just was a chance to go through your resume.

Didn't.

Commercial Roles Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DCP Midstream LP in October 2011.

Through the University Career Office DCP recruited and interviewed students. THe interviewers were very organized and professional and let the interview flow with the conversation

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DCP Midstream LP in November 2009.

Interviews were extremely easy. Very laid back atmosphere, no technical questions. Really it was more of a "get to know each other" interview than anything I've ever seen. Be ready to talk about sports, otherwise just know why you want to work for them and where your geographic preferences are. Company seemed great, but beware. I was told countless times (well, probably more like 5) I would be getting an offer only to never receive one. Just don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Chemical Engineer Interview

Interview with HR through University, then an on site Interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you express your idea to use if your older more experienced co-worker has a different idea?   Answer Question

Project Manager II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DCP Midstream LP in July 2008.

Interviewed via phone and answered around 100 very specific questions. Later visited onsite and met with about 5 others. No behavioral questions asked. Overall the experience was good, but I didn't find it to be terribly in depth. Interviewed via phone and answered around 100 very specific questions. Later visited onsite and met with about 5 others. No behavioral questions asked. Overall the experience was good, but I didn't find it to be terribly in depth.

I did not negotiate