DCP Midstream LP Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.2

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

First interview was a simple hr phone interview. Just asked to talk about projects and skills. Next was a face to face interview and question from resume. Pretty smooth ride

Got another offer. Pretty stupid idea

Entry Level Pipeline Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DCP Midstream LP (Golden, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

I met them at the career fair. They called 2 days later to schedule an on campus interview for the next day. The interview was mostly behavioral, they start with introducing themselves and the company, and then ask you what you want to do, what you have done, why do they would want to hire you and stuff like that..the interview lasted 20-25min. I was told that I should be hearing back from them in 3 weeks. I didn't hear anything back and call them at 4 week mark, and I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember much now.. "what do you know about DCP Midstream" "Can you gives us some reasons that we need to hire you?"   Answer Question

Asset Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DCP Midstream LP.

Interview

Applied at a university job fair. I was interview the next day and a few weeks later sent to a on-site interview. The first interview was very easy and basically just to determine if I would be willing to go to/be happy in a small rural town and if I would get along with other employees. The on-site consisted of two panel interviews where they asked more standard behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite childhood memory.   1 Answer

Plant Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DCP Midstream LP (Midland, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Took place at the plant where the position was available. Met at the door by the supervisor doing the interview, interview occurred in his office. Lasted 30 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Borger, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at DCP Midstream LP (Borger, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

They originally came to a campus recruit in Sept and told us after interviewing with the recruiter they'd get in contact in a week or two. Three weeks later I was asked to come with 5 other students to their office in Borger, TX to interview again with a panel of engineers and other HR people. They shuttled us up there and we stayed in a hotel overnight. The first evening they took us out for pizza and bowling and was really just a "get to know you" type environment. The next day from 8-3 was our formal interview with different panels of people. I think they wanted to know that I'm flexible with where I'm going to live and they asked several of the questions I had read on here to prepare myself for the interview. For example: 1. What three things can you bring to this company? 2. What was your favorite class? 3. What do you most like about yourself and dislike? 4. What will your wife think about living in a small town? 5. What will your wife think about you traveling for work? 6. What do you think about these things? 7. Name a time you were right about something and you had to explain it to a superior. 8. Why do you want to work for DCP? 9. Why choose DCP over one of the larger companies? 10. How do you manage high expectations? 11. What makes you stand out above the others?

Interview Questions

• Looking back what is going to be your best memory of your life? Say you get the home run at the end of the game in high school. What's something you're going to tell your kids about?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No, they sent over a contract and wrote in the email that they would not be making any changes to the contract over the following year. I felt like the offer was very good and the relocation package is amazing.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DCP Midstream LP.

Interview

If you are alive and have a degree in any engineering you will be made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a compressor is?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Negotiate they need you.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DCP Midstream LP (Denver, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview process was pretty laid back and easy. I was contacted through campus recruiting and had a first interview on campus. The interview was real relaxed just went through my resume. Be ready to ask questions at the end and don't have any preference on location. The second interview in Denver was more of a get to know you. There were about five 20 minute interviews. Each interview just was a chance to go through your resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't.

Commercial Roles Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DCP Midstream LP (Denver, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

Through the University Career Office DCP recruited and interviewed students. THe interviewers were very organized and professional and let the interview flow with the conversation

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DCP Midstream LP (Denver, CO) in November 2009.

Interview

Interviews were extremely easy. Very laid back atmosphere, no technical questions. Really it was more of a "get to know each other" interview than anything I've ever seen. Be ready to talk about sports, otherwise just know why you want to work for them and where your geographic preferences are. Company seemed great, but beware. I was told countless times (well, probably more like 5) I would be getting an offer only to never receive one. Just don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Chemical Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview with HR through University, then an on site Interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you express your idea to use if your older more experienced co-worker has a different idea?   Answer Question