DDB

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DDB in November 2009.

Interview Details – First interview was with HR, then with the main account team members. Following that were interviews with account directors.

Interview Question – What is your favorite campaign?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive
Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at DDB in April 2010.

Interview Details – DDB was very organized and efficient with their interview. On the day of, I spoke to the HR director for about 45 minutes about my skill sets, experiences, and expectations. She briefed me about each department's roles and responsibilities and I had the opportunity to ask in-depth questions what their day to day work life consisted of. I then had precisely 30 minutes to speak to the head of corporate communications and then later, strategic planning. Both were upfront about the fact that they needed someone with either more experience or who could read and write Chinese to point of translating documents correctly. When that became clear, it became more of an informational interview where we discussed their personal experiences in the industry. Overall, the workplace environment seemed intense. Everyone was scurrying back and forth in a hurried fashion, everyone seemed ruled by the clock, down to the very tick of the minute. The HR director told me it was commom to stay until midnight and sometimes even past that when finishing a project. She herself seemed very intense, albeit welcoming and professional. I gathered that from cultural standpoint, DDB China was very internationally run, as opposed to locally-run in the Chinese style of working.

Interview Question – What was the most influential course you took in college?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for DDB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DDB Assistant Account Executive interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by DDB employees and interview candidates.