DDB

Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DDB in January 2011.

Interview Details – I worked through a recruiter, who sold me on the position after he had already submitted my resume, which was well-received. I had a phone interview with the recruiter who groomed me for the in-person. I then took tests to show my skills using basic Microsoft Office programs. After the recruiter gave DDB my scores, I met with HR first, but on the same day, met with the person for whom I now work. After we negotiated salary and benefits and I received my formal offer letter, I put in my notice at my other job. It was very straight forward and really nothing sticks out as being notable.

Interview Question – Describe your weakness/a time you failed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was helpful that I went through a recruiter, because I didn't have to do the negotiations myself. However, I recommend strongly that you find out what equivalent positions at competitor agencies are paying in order to get an idea of what is reasonable. However, to level set expectations, I will say that DDB does not pay within industry standards, and that you can reasonably expect to earn less than your equivalent at better firms.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for DDB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DDB Executive Assistant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by DDB employees and interview candidates.