DDB Mudra

www.ddbmudragroup.com
  www.ddbmudragroup.com

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Creative Group Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at DDB Mudra in June 2011.

The interview was set up for a Monday morning at 9 am - without any regard for how current employment would be affected.
Once I got there at 9 am, I was made to wait till 10 am - because the interviewer was LATE.
At 10 am, we started. I offered a copy of my resume - the interviewer took it and then proceeded to ask me the names of all my ex bosses - SCRIBBLING them down in long hand against my work experiences, in MY resume.
He then went through my portfolio and appreciated every single piece of work, saying he liked the thinking behind them or the execution or the writing.
Finally, he asked me for my current salary. Suddenly, the tone of the interview changed.
Upon hearing my salary, he then turned back and said that I was overpaid, as I'd been in some not very good companies before.
Incensed, I asked him which company that was exactly, as I have been lucky enough to work in top Indian agencies. And he looked at the resume and picked one that he'd already made a negative comment on. And then said that as he was sure no one would join that supposedly not-good company and they would have been desperate, I was paid whatever I asked for and that's why I was very overpaid.
He then advised me to take a pay cut and improve my work - work that has gotten me hired again and again at great agencies - and then come back to see them in 3 months after the paycut.

I don't understand why he couldn't just say "Sorry, we can't afford you" and ended the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Don't you think you're overpaid? Considering that you've joined some places that weren't great, places no one else would go to and you've extortioned a higher salary out of them?   View Answer