DDB New York Assistant Account Executive Interview Questions & Reviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at DDB New York in November 2009.

First interview was with HR, then with the main account team members. Following that were interviews with account directors.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DDB New York

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at DDB New York in April 2010.

DDB was very organized and efficient with their interview. On the day of, I spoke to the HR director for about 45 minutes about my skill sets, experiences, and expectations. She briefed me about each department's roles and responsibilities and I had the opportunity to ask in-depth questions what their day to day work life consisted of. I then had precisely 30 minutes to speak to the head of corporate communications and then later, strategic planning. Both were upfront about the fact that they needed someone with either more experience or who could read and write Chinese to point of translating documents correctly. When that became clear, it became more of an informational interview where we discussed their personal experiences in the industry. Overall, the workplace environment seemed intense. Everyone was scurrying back and forth in a hurried fashion, everyone seemed ruled by the clock, down to the very tick of the minute. The HR director told me it was commom to stay until midnight and sometimes even past that when finishing a project. She herself seemed very intense, albeit welcoming and professional. I gathered that from cultural standpoint, DDB China was very internationally run, as opposed to locally-run in the Chinese style of working.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most influential course you took in college?   Answer Question

Worked for DDB New York? Contribute to the Community!