DDB

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Director Interview

Account Director
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DDB.

Interview Details – Standard hiring process. HR Director received resume from internal source. Arranged for several interviews over a few days to meet with all relevant parties. Once offered position, standard background checks were conducted. After background check clears, HR reached out with orientation details.

Interview Question – How do you manage, encourage and empower your subordinates?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Additional week of vacation. Easy and straightforward.

Account Executive Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at DDB in February 2012.

Interview Details – I worked with a recruiter and my first interview was supposed to be informational. I ended up meeting with 4 different people (on 3 different healthcare teams), and getting a callback for the next week. No hardball questions or anything. Just know your experience well enough to talk and talk and talk.

Interview Question – My least favorite advertisement.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They called to ask me if it was OK to email me an offer letter. No negotiation was even broached.

Informational Interview Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at DDB.

Interview Details – I had an informational interview with a person in HR and did not go in for a specific position. The interview was very conversational and they asked fairly standard questions. The HR person I met with seemed very smart and had a great understanding of their accounts and what is required of account people.

Interview Question – What intimidates you? A challenge/problem you faced and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DDB in January 2011.

Interview Details – I worked through a recruiter, who sold me on the position after he had already submitted my resume, which was well-received. I had a phone interview with the recruiter who groomed me for the in-person. I then took tests to show my skills using basic Microsoft Office programs. After the recruiter gave DDB my scores, I met with HR first, but on the same day, met with the person for whom I now work. After we negotiated salary and benefits and I received my formal offer letter, I put in my notice at my other job. It was very straight forward and really nothing sticks out as being notable.

Interview Question – Describe your weakness/a time you failed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was helpful that I went through a recruiter, because I didn't have to do the negotiations myself. However, I recommend strongly that you find out what equivalent positions at competitor agencies are paying in order to get an idea of what is reasonable. However, to level set expectations, I will say that DDB does not pay within industry standards, and that you can reasonably expect to earn less than your equivalent at better firms.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DDB in November 2009.

Interview Details – First interview was with HR, then with the main account team members. Following that were interviews with account directors.

Interview Question – What is your favorite campaign?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for DDB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DDB interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by DDB employees and interview candidates.