DDB New York Interview Questions

2.3

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DDB New York.

When I interviewed, there was a different UX Director, so it's probably very different now. It was very short, easy, and conversational. I showed some of my work on a laptop I brought, and the director showed me the kinds of stuff I'd be working on, and asked me about them. We talked about experience, capabilities, and outlook. It was very relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about designing a web product/experience that would launch 5 years from now, which could harness technologies that aren't currently available on the market.   Answer Question
    I went through a recruiter, who negotiated for me.

Studio Artist Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at DDB New York.

I send out the resume and they called me into an interview. I went with my portfolio and they asked me when I can start.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DDB New York.

Standard hiring process. HR Director received resume from internal source. Arranged for several interviews over a few days to meet with all relevant parties. Once offered position, standard background checks were conducted. After background check clears, HR reached out with orientation details.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage, encourage and empower your subordinates?   Answer Question
    Additional week of vacation. Easy and straightforward.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DDB New York.

Fairly easy since they needed someone with specific client experience and had been looking for quite sometime.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. Expected better questions from key future team members.   Answer Question
    HR did not want to negotiate, but I held my ground. They wanted me to name price first, I gave range and they took lowest number in range, which was fine. Should of pushed a higher range, but fair price was reached. Vacation time was set, sign on bonus was easy.

Art Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DDB New York in May 2013.

A friend who already worked at DDB got me in the door. I met with three people for very straight-forward interviews. They were all really nice and very positive about my book. I was offered the job within a week. They did try to offer much less than I requested, but in the end I did get what I asked for salary-wise.

Ask for more money up front because raises are almost unheard of. They will definitely try to get you for much less.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DDB New York.

I had an informational interview with a person in HR and did not go in for a specific position. The interview was very conversational and they asked fairly standard questions. The HR person I met with seemed very smart and had a great understanding of their accounts and what is required of account people.

Informational Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DDB New York.

Interview Questions
    • What intimidates you? A challenge/problem you faced and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at DDB New York in April 2012.

I was never contacted after the interview. I spent 3 hours interviewing and no one ever followed up with me. I reached out multiple times and never got a response. Extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would approach a specific HR concern   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DDB New York in February 2012.

I worked with a recruiter and my first interview was supposed to be informational. I ended up meeting with 4 different people (on 3 different healthcare teams), and getting a callback for the next week. No hardball questions or anything. Just know your experience well enough to talk and talk and talk.

Interview Questions
    They called to ask me if it was OK to email me an offer letter. No negotiation was even broached.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DDB New York in January 2011.

I worked through a recruiter, who sold me on the position after he had already submitted my resume, which was well-received. I had a phone interview with the recruiter who groomed me for the in-person. I then took tests to show my skills using basic Microsoft Office programs. After the recruiter gave DDB my scores, I met with HR first, but on the same day, met with the person for whom I now work. After we negotiated salary and benefits and I received my formal offer letter, I put in my notice at my other job. It was very straight forward and really nothing sticks out as being notable.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your weakness/a time you failed.   View Answer
    It was helpful that I went through a recruiter, because I didn't have to do the negotiations myself. However, I recommend strongly that you find out what equivalent positions at competitor agencies are paying in order to get an idea of what is reasonable. However, to level set expectations, I will say that DDB does not pay within industry standards, and that you can reasonably expect to earn less than your equivalent at better firms.