DDB New York

DDB New York Interview Questions in New York City, NY

2.7

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DDB New York.

When I interviewed, there was a different UX Director, so it's probably very different now. It was very short, easy, and conversational. I showed some of my work on a laptop I brought, and the director showed me the kinds of stuff I'd be working on, and asked me about them. We talked about experience, capabilities, and outlook. It was very relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about designing a web product/experience that would launch 5 years from now, which could harness technologies that aren't currently available on the market.   Answer Question
    I went through a recruiter, who negotiated for me.

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DDB New York.

Standard hiring process. HR Director received resume from internal source. Arranged for several interviews over a few days to meet with all relevant parties. Once offered position, standard background checks were conducted. After background check clears, HR reached out with orientation details.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage, encourage and empower your subordinates?   Answer Question
    Additional week of vacation. Easy and straightforward.

Informational Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DDB New York.

I had an informational interview with a person in HR and did not go in for a specific position. The interview was very conversational and they asked fairly standard questions. The HR person I met with seemed very smart and had a great understanding of their accounts and what is required of account people.

Interview Questions
    • What intimidates you? A challenge/problem you faced and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DDB New York in February 2012.

I worked with a recruiter and my first interview was supposed to be informational. I ended up meeting with 4 different people (on 3 different healthcare teams), and getting a callback for the next week. No hardball questions or anything. Just know your experience well enough to talk and talk and talk.

Interview Questions
    They called to ask me if it was OK to email me an offer letter. No negotiation was even broached.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DDB New York in January 2011.

I worked through a recruiter, who sold me on the position after he had already submitted my resume, which was well-received. I had a phone interview with the recruiter who groomed me for the in-person. I then took tests to show my skills using basic Microsoft Office programs. After the recruiter gave DDB my scores, I met with HR first, but on the same day, met with the person for whom I now work. After we negotiated salary and benefits and I received my formal offer letter, I put in my notice at my other job. It was very straight forward and really nothing sticks out as being notable.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your weakness/a time you failed.   View Answer
    It was helpful that I went through a recruiter, because I didn't have to do the negotiations myself. However, I recommend strongly that you find out what equivalent positions at competitor agencies are paying in order to get an idea of what is reasonable. However, to level set expectations, I will say that DDB does not pay within industry standards, and that you can reasonably expect to earn less than your equivalent at better firms.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DDB New York in November 2009.

First interview was with HR, then with the main account team members. Following that were interviews with account directors.