DEA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.8

Engineer Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DEA (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was lacking information or guidance, a bit too secretive. I was met by three different teams who reviewed by resume, asked technical questions, competency questions and also assessed other soft skill sets. They offered lunch which was with another set of employees who exchanged pleasantries, but were also very mindful of my responses; I did not really enjoy my food very much. I then was told that the interview would continue with the hiring manager. He was pleasant but just thought to get to know me. We discussed general topics and he showed be around the facility, and then asked me about my future aspirations.

Interview Questions

• Provided an example of a conflict with an employee, it was a principled disagreement, who did you resolved it?   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at DEA.

Interview

Be prepared to discuss certain competencies, i.e., flexibility. Be able to discuss how you handle certain situations. Be able to discuss how you manage your time in order to complete a certain task or assignment. List your duties and responsibilities in order to be ready to answer any questions. Do not give generic answers.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a drug-related issue affecting people around the world.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had to decide whether to accept an assignment in another state.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at DEA.

Interview

usajobs, interview, background check

Negotiation

no negotiation, flat GS pay scale

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DEA (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2013.

Interview

Long process. Applied online through USjobs. Was contacted by phone a few days later and then was called back to interview. Actual sit down interview was very short with only 5-7 total questions. The interviewer was from Virginia and I've never seen him since. The office we interviewed in was under construction and was very dirty.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the DEA?   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at DEA (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I think it was easy because they didn't know what they were looking for. The person that interviewed me wasn't that savvy relative to the position. The interview was unstructured. I almost thought I was having a conversation with an old friend. Now I see why...they were desperate to get someone on the job because the more people know about how terrible they are, the harder it is for them to get high quality employees.

Chief of Public Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at DEA in July 2009.

Interview

The hiring process can be long and painful, as it is for any government agency. Make sure to answer the questions you are asked and maintain a professional demeanor. Working for DEA is serious work and they don't usually like people that are flippant or arrogant in their responses.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were very direct and focused on the mission of DEA.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't one for the government.