DENTSPLY International

Interview Question – sales process   Answer Question

Production Worker Interview

Production Worker
Milford, DE

I applied in-person - interviewed at DENTSPLY International in November 2009.

Interview Details – I had two interviews, the first with a recruiter and the second one with the recruiter and a manager. The people were informative as far as telling me about the job and the expectations. I wasn't shown the area that I would be working in which would have helped me understand the job better. It was a good process.

Interview Question – What could I bring to the company to make it better?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

R&D Lab Tech Interview

R&D Lab Tech
Bohemia, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DENTSPLY International in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, received pre-employment questionnaire from HR a week later, scheduled a phone screen 2 weeks later and was asked for on-site a week later.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

General Manager Interview

General Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at DENTSPLY International in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was very professional and organized, and all four interviewers were courteous and personable. The organization is quite decentralized with many subsidiaries, which helps to promote entrepreneurial spirit, and formal company orientation and job training for new management should be very helpful in the on-boarding process.

Advice: Employer favors a promote-from-within practice, so for higher level positions, direct industry experience is a major plus.

Interview Question – Who is your favorite hero?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – overqualified.

Financial Systems Manager Interview

Financial Systems Manager
York, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at DENTSPLY International in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on the phone to determine whether I met the baut fiesic qualifications of the job.

After the phone interview, I was invited to come in for a personal interview. I was scheduled to interview with about five people. After the first person interviewed me, I went to lunch with the hiring manager. After lunch, the hiring manager informed me that the other 3 people were not available to interview me, and the interview was effectively over.

I found out later from the recruiter that the first interviewer decided I wasn't a good candidate based on the fact that I left a previous position less than a year after starting it.

Anyways I considered it impolite to terminate the interview before the schedule was completed.

This organization is also a business formal environment, requiring shirt and tie. I wear a suit to an interview, but would hate to wear a tie every day. Something you may want to consider.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your previous position?   View Answer

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

Interviewed at DENTSPLY International

Interview Details – Professional company and management

Interview Question – 150 question interview on situational opinion questions   Answer Question

Territory Manager Sales

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at DENTSPLY International in March 2009.

Interview Details – Typical sales rep questios.. tell me something you hate...ok now sell me on that product...overall I think its a great comapny but wasnt the right time for me.

Interview Questions

• whats you least favorite place to live?   View Answer
  • How do you see yourself fitting into this company in three years time?   View Answer

Territory Manager Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at DENTSPLY International in January 2008.

Interview Details – Not a quick decision on Dentsply's part. Making sure of a good hire. Ask lots of STAR-type questions, looking at critical thinking, how different scenarios would be approached. Very "rah-rah" in culture, but upper-management still rules. Newer philosophy appearing now as 2011 begins, so we'll see. Data driven, relationship based.

Interview Question – What would you do if you found out the #1 rep in the company was lying and cheating his/her way to the top? If you had a choice, would it be report it or let it slide?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Leverage your past experience. Each successive "title" means more base money, so Territory Manager pays about $6K more than Territory Representative. Other than that, they sit tight on what's offered. By all means, try!

Sales Interview

Sales

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DENTSPLY International in January 2009.

Interview Details – There is an online assessment and also a phone assessment in regards to determining your personality type. There will be a few phone interviews and a couple in person interviews. There's also a ride along day with an existing rep. It's a thorough process so that they select candidates that are really commited to the job.

Interview Question – Sell me something right now.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, a little. They have a determined range that they can offer for salary, but you may be able to get an extra $5k if your experience warrants it.

Worked for DENTSPLY International? Contribute to the Community!