DET Norske Veritas Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014
Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.5

Engineer Interview

nothing too hard really your normal interview questions, have to go through your normal hr and then manager, then back to hr and then they start sending you an offer. Pretty typical stuff.

pretty easy

Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at DET Norske Veritas in June 2014.

Great physical environment. Company promotes professional development and has great benefits. Company recently merged with another company and is in the process of merging systems and processes. Position in HR would have been to assist department with the merging of records, etc. Initial position was stated as temp to hire.

Wind Turbine Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at DET Norske Veritas in March 2011.

I was contacted for a phone interview about 2 weeks after applying to the job posting online. I spoke on the phone with a manager who was very friendly and informative. I was flown out for an interview in person 3 days later. I first met with an HR person who was again very informative and friendly. The company has all sorts of programs to promote healthy living, sustainability, etc. I was then toured around the office and met one-on-one with a manager followed by several group interviews with members of the team. They were interested in learning about my related experience but equally as interested in getting to know me as a person. The entire experience was extremely comfortable and friendly. It seems like an excellent place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a situation where you had to overcome a conflict in the workplace.   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stavanger (Norway)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stavanger (Norway)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DET Norske Veritas.

I had an initial interview that went on for 2 hours. The interviewers are very nice and polite. They make me feel like they want to know me more as a person and we more of a conversation than an interview. After passing the first interview, I was to take a logic test and a personality test plus a second interview, which also lasted for 2 hours. The offer was below my requested but I decided that I like the team and culture enough to accept.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any as everything felt natural. But in the middle of the two long interviews, I was so drained, my brain became blank and I wasn't sure I know what I was talking about. Luckily they overlooked my rambling period.   View Answer
    No negotiation. It was a budget thing. I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Engineer Interview

interview with manager and technical senior engineer in order to evaluate the candidate profile. After approval the candidate will be submitted to RH interview and then an offer is made by rhe company.

They just make an offer to the candidate and negociation is quite hard.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DET Norske Veritas.

The interview consisted of one afternoon meeting with increasingly senior members of the team, each of whom conducted their own mini-interview lasting about a half an hour, from engineer, to project engineer, to senior engineer to the head of section. This took place in a conference room, and I was allowed to bring supplemental materials to present.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell us about a time where you experienced great difficulty with a co-worker in the workplace?   Answer Question
    The offer was superb. I did not need to negotiate.

Marketing/Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Piraeus (Greece)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piraeus (Greece)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DET Norske Veritas in January 2012.

Sent e-mail with my cv expressing interest in ad placed in maritime newspaper. Received a phone call requesting me to be at their corporate office the following day to have an interview. Agreed to that, and advised that I would be interviewed by the person who would supervise the eventual recipient of the position.

Interview Questions
    • What level of salary would you be looking for? Tried to avoid giving a specific answer, but interviewer insisted on getting a "figure" out of me.   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at DET Norske Veritas in December 2010.

Fair

To much admin responsibilities

Worked for DET Norske Veritas? Contribute to the Community!