DET Norske Veritas Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.4

Planner/Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DET Norske Veritas (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview for 30 minutes. Invited for in person interview for 1 hour. The entire interview so far is about a month. I was contacted by email three weeks after my application. One week later had telephone interview which I be as later informed via email less than two hours later I was invited for in person interview in about 4 days.

Principal Engineer Interview

Interview

It was very typical as any other companies would have done in the interview process. It was a very typical as any other companies would have done in the interview process.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

interviewed at DET Norske Veritas in March 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was easy. The interview took 30 minutes and the recruiter was professional and easy to talk to. The recruiter ask some technical questions and some HR questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DET Norske Veritas in December 2014.

Interview

Conctacted 3 weeks after applying for phone interview with HR. Easy questions, a few technical things. Contacted for second interview after 2 weeks with Director of Wind Energy team. To my surprise there were no technical questions, and interview was more HR oriented than the first interview with HR (questions like Pros, Cons, why work with us etc.). Felt like the interviewer was reading a script and there was no sense of conversation. Next day I received an e-mail that I was not considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just not technical at all. Do not understand how they made decision for candidate.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

nothing too hard really your normal interview questions, have to go through your normal hr and then manager, then back to hr and then they start sending you an offer. Pretty typical stuff.

Negotiation

pretty easy

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at DET Norske Veritas in June 2014.

Interview

Great physical environment. Company promotes professional development and has great benefits. Company recently merged with another company and is in the process of merging systems and processes. Position in HR would have been to assist department with the merging of records, etc. Initial position was stated as temp to hire.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DET Norske Veritas (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Brief but efficient. Started with introductions and then some questions about the content of my CV. Discussed the work that was performed by the section in particular and then asked a few technical questions about said work to test my knowledge. Finished by discussing office environment and work/life balance. Overall great experience.

Wind Turbine Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DET Norske Veritas (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview about 2 weeks after applying to the job posting online. I spoke on the phone with a manager who was very friendly and informative. I was flown out for an interview in person 3 days later. I first met with an HR person who was again very informative and friendly. The company has all sorts of programs to promote healthy living, sustainability, etc. I was then toured around the office and met one-on-one with a manager followed by several group interviews with members of the team. They were interested in learning about my related experience but equally as interested in getting to know me as a person. The entire experience was extremely comfortable and friendly. It seems like an excellent place to work.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a situation where you had to overcome a conflict in the workplace.   1 Answer

Drilling and Wells Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DET Norske Veritas (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through Linkedin, got a call and go for 2 separate interviews. Interviewer paint a beautiful picture about the upcoming team with strong support of well integrity software, experience experts and battle plan which turns out to be untrue.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to join their team   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stavanger (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DET Norske Veritas (Stavanger (Norway)).

Interview

I had an initial interview that went on for 2 hours. The interviewers are very nice and polite. They make me feel like they want to know me more as a person and we more of a conversation than an interview. After passing the first interview, I was to take a logic test and a personality test plus a second interview, which also lasted for 2 hours. The offer was below my requested but I decided that I like the team and culture enough to accept.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any as everything felt natural. But in the middle of the two long interviews, I was so drained, my brain became blank and I wasn't sure I know what I was talking about. Luckily they overlooked my rambling period.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was a budget thing. I gave them the benefit of the doubt.