Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at DFC GlobalMore
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days – interviewed at DFC Global (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2010.
I knew the manager so there really wasn't much to the interview. He showed me around the building, described what I would be doing, and discussed if it was a fit for me or not.
- What can you bring to the table? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days – interviewed at DFC Global in August 2011.
Company chose to use a recruiter from an agency to initiate interview process. The interviews was very odd overall, and it appeared that the job description might not have been very accurate. The first interviewer gushed and complimented my background, implying I would be a great fit. When I returned for a second round of interviews, however, the two individuals with whom I interviewed gave mixed reviews about the company. The final interview with the department supervisor was a bit unsettling. He clearly did not value working mothers because when he asked if I would be available for overtime, and I replied that I would on occasion, but that I did have a family, he frowned. The interview took several hours, over two days, and despite following up with thank you letters, I never heard from the recruiter or the company again.
- I see you are completing your studies; do you think this will interfere with doing the job? 1 Answer
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a day – interviewed at DFC Global in July 2010.
The test that you take is too involved for the position.
- A super lon math question about blocks that made no sense. 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
Very little staff.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at DFC Global in November 2008.
Phone interview with HR, then phone interview with regional mgr, then with VP
- Why are you leaving your current employer was asked several times. Answer Question
I was negotiating thru my recruiter so they did most of the work, but I was able to get the salary up and the vacation where I wanted it to be.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review