DHI Mortgage Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

2.4

Loan Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DHI Mortgage in July 2014.

My interview process began with my submission of my resume via email, and I was recommended through a referral. After exchanging emails with the interviewer, a phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview was basic and focused on my skills and why I would be a good fit for the Loan Officer position.

The next step in the process was an in-person interview. This was the standard interview, though I did appreciate the interviewer working to get to know my own goals. I was able to ask questions and received what seemed to be honest answers.

After this interview, I was asked to schedule a phone interview with the manager who I would be working with directly. This was a brief exchange with basic conversation regarding my interest in the position and rehashing why I think I'd be a good fit.

After the interviews, if you are still in consideration for the position, you will be asked to take an online assessment. The assessment takes about an hour and can be saved and resumed later. It asks personality questions, similar to what is found in most sales positions. There is also a section to test mathematical and grammatical ability.

Next, you will fill out approval for a background and credit check. Mine took approximately 10 days to complete, after which I was offered the position. Communication throughout the process was consistent, frequent, and accommodating. I had the ability to ask questions when they arose, though I asked the ones I had at in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle difficult clients when trying to obtain specific documents necessary?   View Answer

Circumstances at my current employer changed and I did not feel it appropriate to leave my role at this time.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DHI Mortgage in June 2012.

remember to Starbucks on a Sunday s
    to go over the first interview then we schedule the second the following Wednesday. then I met with the regional Hiring manager and I started two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • they were no unexpected questions. you will have to take a work test   View Answer
    I told them a number a little higher than what they offered and they met me in the middle

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in JAX Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in JAX Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DHI Mortgage in March 2012.

Brutal they lie to you on what you are going to earn- must take app test- 5 interviews before hired- must run dont go with DHI- they call you back ask and interviewed with same persons multiple times

none

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DHI Mortgage in February 2011.

Interviews went easily and well. Hiring was a little cumbersome with a lot of paperwork and redundant requests for information already provided.

Loan Processor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DHI Mortgage in July 2011.

People whp have worked their state it is a Sweat SHop!

Interview Questions

They do not treat their emplpyees with respect

Underwriting Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DHI Mortgage in September 2009.

Very lengthly process. Many face to face interviews and 2 personality tests totalling 300 questions

Interview Questions
    • How do you give corrective action to a staff member?   View Answer
    • How would you describe the word assertive?   View Answer