DHL Global Forwarding

Updated Aug 28, 2014
Updated Aug 28, 2014

2.8

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at DHL Global Forwarding.

I went to the interview two weeks ago. Everybody was friendly. I interview with two managers. They explained the job very well and asked me about my experiences. Even though i didn't have enough experience, they were very positive. They told me that the hiring process takes at least couple of weeks. I am still waiting for the call back.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at DHL Global Forwarding in May 2014.

Face to face interview with the area sales manager and a seasoned rep. Very informal & comfortable. I actually enjoyed the interview as it allowed me to be myself.

I was then to complete the background & drug screening which took about a week to get the email instructions from the HR rep. That process took about 3-5 business days.

I was then scheduled for a conference call with the area sales manager & the head of sales. He too made me feel very comfortable & let me be myself. I actually enjoyed both interviews.

I have yet to hear anything more; however, that could again be the HR rep.

Interview Questions
    • What are some challenges you feel would arise from this position?   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Previous company acquired by DHL, no real interview process.

same wage, same benefits, etc.

Freight Forwarding Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DHL Global Forwarding in February 2014.

I was called in which the hiring manager did a small interview over the phone about 5 minutes in which I was scheduled for a interview. As I showed up to the facility I was interviewed by a panel of three people in a huge conference room. After 30 minutes they actually shared the benefits that they offer and starting pay. After the interview I was given an employment package as well sent for the screening process. The screening is done by another company which it can take from two to a month, the person who follows up with this at the time was the payroll administrator. If you get into the process make sure to follow up!

Interview Questions
    • If you have five task that are all high priority, how will you overcome this obstacle?   View Answer

Entry Processor Interview

One has to complete a 10 minute assesment test. Includes a lot of grammer and math problems. Then you have to complete a typing test. Once all of that has been completed then you have an interview with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have flexible hours? this is almost a 24/7 operation. You have to be able to work odd shifts.   Answer Question

Entry Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at DHL Global Forwarding in April 2013.

I was called by H.R., who discussed with me the position I was applying for, and available shifts (not day shifts, but I wasn't looking for a day shift, so this was good). She asked my salary requirements, and said they could not meet them, but would I be interested in interviewing anyway? As I really want to just get my foot in the door, I said okay.

On the day of the interview, I was given typing tests on a computer, and I was also asked to complete a paper exam, answering as many questions as possible in 12 minutes. Questions were general math and matching questions.

I was then taken back to the reception area to wait for my face to face interview with the manager. The manager was running a bit behind, but I was okay with that, as H.R. assured me I did fine on the tests.

Went back, talked to the manager, who was very nice, and she gave me a drug test form. The background check that DHL conducts is extensive. I received a call about a week later from H.R. telling me that the background check came back fine, but they were unsure of when training would start. About a month later, I received a call stating I should check my email for my offer letter. It was less than I expected, but I am able to get health insurance the first of the month after I start, and it's actually average salary for the area and for the position... I just moved here from a higher income area which is why I was expecting more. There was no room for negotiation, but depending on the shift I work, which I will find out in training, I will be able to get a differential. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected was the thoroughness of the background check. I was called several times by the background check company to try to help them get in touch with my references. They are not allowed to accept any additional references if they can not get in touch with the references you give DHL on the application.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation.

Ocean Export Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DHL Global Forwarding in June 2012.

You will have an over the phone interview and if she is satisfied, then you will get another phone call setting up a face-to-face meeting with the manager and head of the department.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't hard. the interview lasted about 20 minutes   Answer Question

Import Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DHL Global Forwarding in May 2012.

Phone Screening
    Face to Face - Panel Interview
    Drug / Background Check

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want this position?
      What made you leave your last company?
      Do you have Six Sigma Experience
        Answer Question
    No negotiation on salary, did ask for additional PTO- they accepted.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at DHL Global Forwarding in May 2012.

1st round: phone interview:
    2nd: HR interview
    3rd: Facing the boss!

Interview Questions
    • Never thought it was difficult. They just simply asked what work I did in the past.   Answer Question
    Boss told me about my work and salary. It seems no negotiation on that part as I've been told the rate was fixed.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DHL Global Forwarding in September 2011.

very professional, HR was friendly and responsive. planning was confusing, but that was because I was traveling and away during the time so it was tough to get a hold of them sometimes.

Interview Questions
    No. It was a contract position, no room for negotiation.