DICE (Sweden)

www.dice.se

DICE (Sweden) Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at DICE (Sweden)

Candidate Interview Review

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DICE (Sweden) in May 2012.

I got a call from a recruiter at dice who said he had seen my linkedin profile and was interested. I was currently on parental leave and employed by another company. I accepted to go to an interview and met up with 5-7 key people who asked standard interview questions about me and my CV. I then got a homework to do an implementation of a space invaders like game and there were some specific technical requirements to this which I am unsure if I am allowed to mention here. Since i did not have much spare time, we agreed that I would send in the assignment within a week (usually 2-3 days for people that have spare time). I did the assignment, sent it in and a few days later they called and wanted to see me again. During this second interview, I got to present my code/solution to a subset of the people who had been to the first interview. They seemed to like it and hinted that they were interested in hiring me by asking things like when I would be able to start and what I wanted to work with. I went home and a few days after the HR manager called me to discuss salary and company benefits. I made my demands to him. He talked to some people and then we agreed to sign a contract.

Interview Questions
    • It was apparent that they wanted software engineers who could "think outside the box", were able to use the "right tools for the job" and know about performance. I would have to say that the assignment was the most difficult part. I rewrote the entire assignment code about 6 times before I was happy with it. I recommend others to take this time and be as thorough too because it seemed to pay off.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate salary and starting date (I was on parental leave while going through the interview process). I made my demands such that they would make me happy and they accepted. Didn't really have to negotiate further.