DIRECTV Business Intelligence Intern Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Business Intelligence Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DIRECTV in March 2011.

After submitting my application in early February I received a callback in March for the internship position. During the call I was asked some general questions concerning my knowledge of databases, SQL, and softwares that I had experience.

Then there were some personality questions asked of me about my work ethic, what is my biggest weakness, my interest in the field, my strengths, along with where I see myself in 5 years.

Once they were satisfied with the questions I was immediately asked to come in for a face-to-face interview.

On the day of the interview I was brought to their office where I was questioned by 4 people in the Business Intelligence Departmen regarding business intelligence and analytics. During the interview process they mainly described what the position would require and asked me some simple technical questions regarding database development.

The people were nice and the questions were not too difficult. However, everyone seemed very rushed and disorganized during the interview and it seems as if no one really set aside time for the process seeing as the people involved in the interview rotated in and out of the meeting.

Once the interview was over I left and received a call no more than 30 minutes later asking if I would like to join them as an intern for the summer. I accepted and began interning in late May.

Interview Questions
The negotiation phase was pretty straight forward and compensation was very good for an internship position.